b16 tranny
p75 chipped ecu
afpr
450cc inj
255hp pump
t25 turbo
fmic
skunk2 im

will this be a safe setup? so post up some ideas of what u think.

· Registered
41,903 Posts
its safe if you tune it right

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
i originally wanted to get a t3/t4 hybrid,but hey its free.
that little turbo will do nothing but restrict your power in the upper rpms. it'll fall on its face around 6800 rpms. t3/t4 are junk too..... unless you're trying for a cheap 400whp i wouldn't waste my time with one. it'll give you a peaky unresponsive powerband.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
well which should i go for. i think a gt28rs is a bit on the expensive side. plus im just tryin to break 300
you thought you were gonna hit 300whp with a t25? that's like a 250hp turbo completely maxed out. you gotta pay to play dude. and it's not just about the peak numbers. sure you can hit 300 hp with a big cheap laggy turbo and you'll lose races to less powerful cars with more responsive turbos. you gotta pay to play dude. you can get a used nissan gt28r for about 500-600 bucks. that'll get your car to that mark or you could get a 650 dollar t3/t4 50 trim with a stage 3 wheel will get you there at about 10-12 psi on a good tune. if you want a nice setup you gotta spend the money though. you think you're gonna get to 300whp easily/cheapily?

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
not really on that turbo,but just wonderin if it was safe. what i really want is to break 300 safe and reliable.dont matter what turbo
umm no offense but you don't need to turbo anything

1. there is no such thing as a "safe" turbo. it's in the tune

2. you want to have safe and reliable yet you just want peak numbers? you need to do more research, boosting your already unreliable hybrid motor isn't a game unless you don't care about money.... you need to understand that 300 hp is just a number and to say i don't care what turbo is kind of ricerish. i could tell you to run a gt42 or a 3037s, or td06sh-20g,... they'll get you to 300whp....

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
a t25 would be fine for a ls shooting for low 200whp. 300whp is definitely attainable without a vtec head. vtec isn't good for boost. only benefit a vtec head has is that it flows more cfm than a non-vtec head. just go get a used gt28r turbo or mitsu 14b and tune your car to 250-270whp. trust me 300whp is overkill for fwd and completely pointless without an 800 dollar lsd, 1200 dollar coilovers, 400 dollar clutch, upgraded axles, and about 500 dollars in tires

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.