Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 ls integra, and i just got a b16 head for a good deal. and was planning to turbo the ls vtec. but i heard from alot of people that it would be a big hassel and ls vtec doesnt go good with turbo. my budget isnt that big, what would be the best thing to do to get the max amout of power
thanks guys

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
LS/VTEC turbo is indeed an awesome combination.

However, properly (reliably) building a LS/VTEC setup requires more than slapping the b16 head on the LS block. If you do that you will probably end up spinning a rod bearing after a short while.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i got all the parts for the head and its ready to be bolted on, and i wasnt goin to take it over 7000rpm without rebuilding the motor. ya i didnt think that sounded right, just thought i wouldcheck before i start. thanks guys

·
Registered
83 Posts
i love the lsvtec and the turbo, it really is the best of both worlds. im making the same tq and 25 more hp with vtec than on my old ls, and im only on 7 psi as compared to 10 on the ls.

it does get costly though, my motor is fully built and probably cost me in the 5-6k dollar range

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
keep in mind the LS motor isnt built to rev as high as the b16. if you plan on revving high, plan on replacing atleast the rods.

and dif ecu to run vtec right?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
gurusan said:
The rods are fine for revving...it's the rod bolts and bearings that should be upgraded.

True.

Also remember... you don't just bolt on a VTEC head on a non-VTEC block and call it good... there are steps to getting VTEC to work that you need to take, incase you didn't know that.

The whole VTEC/turbo no no myth is rediculous... probably people that own DSM's or people who got sick of wheel-spin and can't control it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.