Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should i do a Ls swap or b16a and the drop a b20 or b18a/b.do you have to have a vtec ECU to do a frank swap?Do you know where I can find a good working cable tranny?Witch swap runs and works better.Tell me your opinion on doing a Ls-vtec or cr-vtec[b20-vtec].how fast do you think it will be. help me with my questions please.

· Registered
2,236 Posts
To be honest, I think both are horrible, I have seen both LSVTECs and CRVTECs done correctly and have seen them all turn out horrible. And before you say they were done incorrectly I work at a Honda Dealership and we built some of them all with internals done too. All now dead. I think you are better off with a GSR engine and using your extra dough there.

Read this http://www.phatwhippincrx.20m.com/custom4.html

· Registered
2,168 Posts
Both require a lot of attention to detail and can be done rite, but most of the time they are not. Too many variables to deal with. If both were done to perfection though i would take the CRVtec. More hp. Awesome motor.

· Registered
2,236 Posts
88 rex said:
Both require a lot of attention to detail and can be done rite, but most of the time they are not. Too many variables to deal with. If both were done to perfection though i would take the CRVtec. More hp. Awesome motor.
Please done take this personally anyone, but I have never seen one done perfectly all I have seen have lasted a little bit but overall are doomed, I hope you read that article I posted man.

· Banned
1,529 Posts
I think there is one phrase that will solve everyone's problems with whatever decision you are facing:

SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY

it's WORTH it. come on guys, you have a car that you paid 5000-10000 for and you're gonna scrimp on an intake? or an LS/VTEC? NO DON'T DO IT! buy the better version and save yourself a buttload of headache

there are obvious situations when just plain buyin' the most expensive thing is really stupid, but everyone here in their heart (if they really do love cars) can tell bye their gut instinct what is the best way to go.

go with a GS-R they aren't terribly expensive

· Registered
2,168 Posts
theoretically the CRVtec is nice, but like you said steel it cant be done to perfection. Better off sticking with something like a GSR like you said the first time. Just if i had to try to make one work i would try a CRVtec. (That is, if i had a ton of money to waste on a project, and i already had a sweet crx and wanted another)

· Registered
1,389 Posts
i have seen a lsvtec doen right and running 10 psi of boost it was fine for well over 8 months till teh car was stolen about 3 months ago so who knows how it is now but only mattenence he ran into was changing to arp head studs from stock honda bolts. otherwise it was ok. id like mine when done (hopefully next year) to be bullet proof who knows fort sure. and it is possible to do it right just time and money. and learn from others mistakes. i mean u need to resleeve the block better rods and pistons head studs and wut not. there is no half ass about it do it right or not at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.