Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
cusco makes good lsd's also. i sell them for $1100 + shipping

if you want the quaiffe i can get them for $945 + shipping.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i guess i don't know too much about lsd either. I've got stock lsd on the type r tranny. What's the advantage to aftermarket? Is there any point of having it if you just have a daily driver (as in you don't compete often)?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
i'm not familiar w/ the honda oem LSD's, but some aftermarket advantages are the ability to change it from 1-1.5way or to get a full 2-way lsd. also, some lsd's allow you to customize the initial torque by swapping some components. if you already have a factory lsd, getting an aftermarket unit isn't always necessary especially for daily use. one of the main reasons people just get aftermarket instead of OE lsd's, however, is simply COST :hehe

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Quaife is a one-way and will always be a one-way by design. Basically the same as an OEM ITR LSD, but stronger, more aggressive, and a little smoother. One-ways are usually best for a street car... no maintenance on a helical diff plus no noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.