LS/VTEC
JDM b16a head (OBD1)
JDM GSR cams
Comptech Icebox (CARB legal)
DC 4-1 Header (CARB legal)
Stock exhaust and cat
P28 chipped (OBD1 untuned)
VAFC2

now, my question.. i'm not into racing anymore, so the advantages of running an obd1 chipped with a custom program is of no concern to me. can i switch over to an obd2 gsr ecu and just dyno tune with the vafc2? will i have to change my distributor to an obd2 dizzy? i'm tired of failing smog.. and when/if i ever sell the car, i don't wanna have to tell the guy that it doesn't pass smog. i just want the motor to be stable and safe while keeping that oomph it has now. thanks.

#4 ·
it prob will be a problem because of my setup i had to ditch the odb2 distributor for a odb1 on my setup but i have a 95 so smog isnt a issue for me .. now i just gotta find someone who makes a chip that works because everytime i buy one it doesnt work .. i already have a p28 chipped .. its easy to change out just need a chip that work :confused :confused

#5 ·
krzintegraboi said:
it prob will be a problem because of my setup i had to ditch the odb2 distributor for a odb1 on my setup but i have a 95 so smog isnt a issue for me .. now i just gotta find someone who makes a chip that works because everytime i buy one it doesnt work .. i already have a p28 chipped .. its easy to change out just need a chip that work :confused :confused
mine works great and you can burn your own rom and stick it in there. i need an obd2 dizzy, is yours still in good shape? problem is i have an obd1 head, is that gonna be a problem or i can just stick an obd2 dizzy in there and run an obd2 ecu?

#7 ·
You shouldnt need to switch the dizzy. The impression that I got was that you can switch back and forth as much as you want as long as you have both ECUs and the conversion harness. I dont think the dizzy needs to be swapped, as long as it matches the head.

Thats my understanding of it, i could be wrong though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.