Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys so i got rid of my eg hatchg adnb picked up a crx with a jdm b16a. now the torque numbers are piss poor and i need something with a little more low end power. so ive decided to test my gangster and set myself up with a little ls/v or cr/v however. im not 100% positive on which one i would be more happy with. theres perk to both but downsides to both as well.

so anyone on here want to give me their input on thier lsv or crv... id appreciate it

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
bottle the b16..you'll run low 13's on slicks with i, h, e and a 50 shot

· Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm i appreciate the ideas guys. but i want just a mild na motor thats going to have decent low end power. however boost does seem cheaper. i dont know... i really want to get the crvtec running and then boost it... have you guys heard anything good about the supertech block guard...? worth it? or should i get it resleeved... (sorry im new to b series)

· Registered
12,453 Posts
hmm i appreciate the ideas guys. but i want just a mild na motor thats going to have decent low end power. however boost does seem cheaper. i dont know... i really want to get the crvtec running and then boost it... have you guys heard anything good about the supertech block guard...? worth it? or should i get it resleeved... (sorry im new to b series)
IMO, you dont need VTEC either. The b16 has a rather low torque number, but with trans out of your b16 and a b18 or b20, you could have a pretty quick crx.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
I'm always Leary on VTEC motor conversions tho. I'd steer clear of that if it were at all possible. If you want VTEC, buy a factory VTEC motor.

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
I'm always Leary on VTEC motor conversions tho. I'd steer clear of that if it were at all possible. If you want VTEC, buy a factory VTEC motor.
Theres nothing wround with conversions as long as the person who builds it knows what they are doing..but the problem is..too many people that do the kits have no clue how to build a motor

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Theres nothing wround with conversions as long as the person who builds it knows what they are doing..but the problem is..too many people that do the kits have no clue how to build a motor
exactly why we're cautious over conversions.

and now vtec motors are in some cases cheaper to purchase than to do the conversions. b18c1's don't cost 3500 dollars anymore

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
exactly why we're cautious over conversions.

and now vtec motors are in some cases cheaper to purchase than to do the conversions. b18c1's don't cost 3500 dollars anymore
i understand being cautious..but steering clear of them completely I don't.

i understand they dont cost that much anymore..but if you build an ls/vtec at home it wont either

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.