Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some places that sell wheels are trying to get me to also by new lugnuts. I have hella beat ass ones from junkyard wheels. Is this worth $30?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Lug nuts need to fit the wheels you buy. If the wheel has a cone shaped hole then you need cone shaped lug nuts, if the holes have a hemispherical shape then you need lugnuts that are the same shape. This helps hold the wheel in place centered on the rotor, if you don't need a hubcentric ring.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Yeah, I had to learn this the hard way. I needed the lug nuts for mag style wheels, the type with a shank. Long story short on my second lap around the track my wheel fell off. It was straight out of a movie, where the wheel goes rolling by the car.

·
Registered
896 Posts
well you want to keep your new wheels right? So cough up the 30 bucks and get some lockin lugs

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
Si-OWNER said:
Yeah, I had to learn this the hard way. I needed the lug nuts for mag style wheels, the type with a shank. Long story short on my second lap around the track my wheel fell off. It was straight out of a movie, where the wheel goes rolling by the car.
that happened to a freind but when the wheel rolled and he stoped and went to get it some mofo picked that shitup threw it in his truck and drive away

1 - 6 of 6 Posts