Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just blew out the 5th/reverse synchros in my M2A4 (JDM) H22 tranny...
i want to redo all the synchros since they were all slowly going anyway

my question is.... can i replace my M2A4 tranny synchros with say USDM transmission synchros from a M2F4?

in other words... if i order synchros for a M2F4 transmission, will they fit my M2A4 transmission??

thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok.... so i just got off the phone with my mechanic at Honda.

he said i can't replace my synchros with ones for a USDM transmission because my gear ratios are different than that of a USDM transmission

where can i order synchros for a JDM M2A4 transmission??? Someone help, PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
665 Posts
lol idk man. u should just boy a USDM tranny or a JDM tranny that is brand new or rebuilt or something. better off. i just bought a brand new one for $2100 installed by Honda. $3100 is the total with a new clutch and flywheel. i pick it up tommorrow.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
your best bet would be to get another used tranny, jdm or usdm doenst matter...you will probly pay more if you get the synchros replaced...that is not an easy job and its hard to rebuild a tranny and get it right the first time...

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
ganjgremlin said:
lol idk man. u should just boy a USDM tranny or a JDM tranny that is brand new or rebuilt or something. better off. i just bought a brand new one for $2100 installed by Honda. $3100 is the total with a new clutch and flywheel. i pick it up tommorrow.
didnt we just discuss your situation and most of us decided that u shoundt have done dat? or was that some one else who got owned by their honda dealer?...im serious, i dont remember who it was, i thought it was u

btw, buy a new tranny, bet

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys.... i'm going to pick up another JDM tranny tomorrow

talked to my Honda guy again... told me the parts were gonna cost me anywhere between $500-700CAD (i'm in Canada) plus probably about $200 in labour i'm guessing (he was doing it on the side, while working at Honda... LOL)

so i called up a bunch of JDM parts distributors and i found the same JDM tranny for $600CAD

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Prlude4Life said:
correct me if im wrong but there is no reverse synchro.
correct.

jdm transmissions have slightly shorter gear ratios

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.