Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody ever got a paint job done at maaco? i know how to paint but i don't have the tools, nor is there a rental paint booth shop around here. i know i have a maaco, im just looking for a respray of the stock color, maybe with a little metal flake or candy finish. just want the opinions on them, i have seen one paint job on a tahoe and they did pretty ood.

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well that being said, what about colors and finishes? im sticking with the stock champagne color, but idk if i want metal flake or candy finish, any suggestions. im keeping it fairly simple till i get my Z71

· Registered
260 Posts
I love rare candy paint.

I would go custom lexus paint. haha

but if your jus looking for a reg paintjob go to a reputable place.

We did metal flake on my friends foxbody, it looks pretty good, but I like reg clear coat myself. Dont go cheap with paintjobs. Pay a fair amount cuz your gunna be looking at it everyday, not to mention all the hunnies youll be picking up. jk.

you got it brah .....

· Registered
35 Posts
lexus paint is EXPENSIVE. i had to paint my nephew's pegpego John deer tractor for his xmas present. took him down to pick out the paint. i figured GM paint would be cheap. he picks out Cadillac scarlet red. $220 a PINT. next color toyota should be cheap. little bastard picks out Lexus red. $180 a pint. looking through the book i pulled up Kia. that came out at $32 a pint. when you go looking for a repaint, the normal shops like MAaco will have a standard color. if you want custom, you will have to find a regular body shop that can get you a custom color. but be aware, different colors have different toners and some of those pearls can get expensive FAST.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.