Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fender got dented in pretty bad, i went to one place they wanted to replcae it, the estimate was 750. I also went to maaco, they said they wanted to pull the dent out, and fix the chip in the paint the estimate for that was 300. I also thought about just buying z3 fenders for 180 a pair, then 260 for paint. But i'd have to take the design off of my car, and that would also cost almsot 200 to be reinstalled. I was just wondering how good of a job maaco did on their body work, and paint job? I've heard bad things about their paint jobs, but for a difference in 450 dollars is it worth going to the other body shop.

· Registered
72 Posts
look around, try junkyards and the like, or salvage yards, the better ones have parts departments, usually u can order the exact part you need and they will call around and find you one, in this case a factory honda fender

· Registered
949 Posts
psyke said:
lol, is it that bad?
well i had my old 89 civic repaired at 1 day paint... they did a real crappy job, your could see clear coat dripping, paint was inside the door.. etc so if 1 day paint is bad.. im assuming a similiar place like maaco wouldnt be swell either.. haha
just be careful is all im sayin.. :)

· Registered
960 Posts
Just remember...You get what you pay for.

That saying applies to virtually all mods you do to your car. :)

· Registered
364 Posts
Props to the local body shop

I have a local body shop that does an PERFECT job... the did my moms accord my bro's Integra and are doing my civic.... the both payed good money but got a great finnished piece.. I say talk to you friends and find a good local shop :D

· Registered
31 Posts
OK, The thing about Maaco is..if you pay $200 for a paint job, well
it's gonna look like a $200 paint job. You have to tell them exactly what you want. I've heard and seen all kinds of horror stories from them.
And I've seen a guy who did all the prep work himself and primer,
so all they had to do was seal it and paint, and that turned out pretty nice.

But if I were you...I would look elsewhere to do your bodywork.

· Registered
1,081 Posts
blah, there is just something about having a paint job where the clear coat and base color are mixed that just doesn't set well with me, you get what you pay for, and nowhere is this more aparent than in a paint job, there's a HUGE diffrence in a $750 paint job, and a $1500 one, personaly i'd rather pay to much and have a good job done than not pay enough and end up with shity work

· Registered
806 Posts
Accelerazn said:
do you love your car?.. then dont take it to maaco...
thats pretty funny. i'm sure you can get a repalacement fender for a lot cheaper than that. but i wouldn't take it to maaco. try to find other quotes from different shops.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.