Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have all heard the horror stories about the fading paint jobs,
just wondering if any paint experts out there have an opinion as to why they are so bad,....is it that they use sub standard paint, or is it just poor prepaint prep work ?

Just curious as to what everybody thinks.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i've seen awesome looking maaco paint jobs, and i've seen poor ones. but if you are only going to spend around $300 don't expect to get a show winning paint job. the better the job the more prep involved before painting and buffing after.

·
Registered
465 Posts
you pay for what you get dude. a decent paint job will start at at least $1000 if you aren't getting anthing fixed and they just prep and paint it. i've seen maaco do full custom moulding and paint, and it looks great, but the guy paind like $6000 for his paint job/body work. find a shop that won't rip you off and make sure they use PPG, DuPont, Specker Heis, or some other quality paint.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think it's just the quality of the paint that they use that makes the poor paint job. I know that if you walk in and tell them the kind of paint you want to use (ex: house of kolor) they'll have no problem with your request. It might caust a little more mula, but i'm pretty sure that that would take care of the fading problem. Also, if you let them prep your car for you, I believe they guarantee the job for 2 years. but definatly DONT take your car there if you're looking for a show quality finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.