Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had a paint job from there? I have heard a lot of bad things about them but they have paint jobs for only 500 bucks and they come with a 4 year guarantee. I saw some of their paint jobs and they seemed pretty decent. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea people always say that but the paint job for 500 comes with a four year warranty so I dont see how you can go wrong but people still seem to always talk shit on maaco so I really dont know. I have never actually had any experience with them.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
wfmrules3 said:
yea people always say that but the paint job for 500 comes with a four year warranty so I dont see how you can go wrong but people still seem to always talk shit on maaco so I really dont know. I have never actually had any experience with them.

i had my accord sprayed at macco for 300 bucks/2 year warrenty and it lasted until i traded it in a few months back...about 4 years.....the original paint wasn't too bad...just some chipping on the front bumper...so its not like i started with really bad paint..

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
If the employees do everything by the book and work how they are supposed to then the car will look decent, but they still use crappy paint.
Maaco is more of a "production" line than a body shop. The employees just rush things too fast and hack everything out.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
40_Below said:
If the employees do everything by the book and work how they are supposed to then the car will look decent, but they still use crappy paint.
Maaco is more of a "production" line than a body shop. The employees just rush things too fast and hack everything out.

:nod...i agree... cause i took my accord back once..a week after i got it back because of bubbling on my fender...but they fixed it without a hassle....its tempting to go back to them since its on like 400 bucks for a 3 year compared to having a place quote you for $1000+...shit i had a place quote me 1700 the other day....damn there needed a diaper...

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
its mostly the paint maaco uses, not the workers. The only way I would go with Maaco, and ive done this before, is if I have a car show to attend, and my paint wasnt looking good, I would go get me a 300 buck paint job, and bam, instant show car paint. but hell, I paid my ass off for quality, months ago I spent 3 grand on a brand new paint job (show car which sits in the garage), and its still looking great.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
:D Don't forget Maaco paintjobs are usually full of runs and dirt... Theres no way they can do a show quality job

·
Registered
412 Posts
I know someone who got their del sol painted there, and there was a lot of overspray on the car. More on the chassis than anything, and some runs in the paint. Overall, not that great. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
if your that cheap then do the prep work and wet sanding yourself. personally i would go to a reputable indepedant moms and pops place.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I am going to just go to macco and get my car painted for 300 bucks. Just see how it looks. Will any color be more likely to come out better? I know the paint job comes with a 2 year warranty so I dont see how I can go wrong. I know it wont be showrroom shit but it'll be alright hopefully. It can't be worse than the paint job I have now. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
526 Posts
dont get a maaco paintjob they suk ass,i recent ly had my mirage painted by them and i have runs like crazy allover i guess thats wat u get for 300$ :bh

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have heard horrible things and some goods things about them. I think they just have a bad rap. I just got my car painted there. I got the 500 dollar job and it looks great. It has a good warranty. He gauranteed me there would be no runs, fading, orange peeling, etc. I think it is all who runs the maaco that you go to. The guy is a good guy and puts a lot of time into the cars compared to other maccos. All I can say is I am happy.

·
Registered
494 Posts
my buddy just got his laser painted WRX Blue and it turned out pretty damn good...i believe he got the 500 dollar one for 350(sale) and the only real problem was over spray on the muffler...other than that not bad, id recommend it actually if u were on a budget just talk to them and let them know u really dont want orange peel and im sure they will try a little harder...just put ur feet in their shoes...if some 65 yr old lady came in for a 250 dollar paint job on her 87 cutlass would u care, i think thats what gives them a bad rep

·
Registered
542 Posts
just wondering if they do prep work too?? a few door dings and a couple rust spots.. and can you choose a different color than what you have or does it have to be the factory color... thinking about getting the lexus IS300 gunmental color... anwyays... thanks Mike

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They will do whatever you want for a reasonable price. I just had my car painted there and it looks great. I know maaco has a bad rep but i think that you just have to research the one you are going to. The quality of the work is all up to the owner. The guy that I went to was very knowledgable and did everything right. I also went there a couple times and checked out the cars that he had painted. I had no overspray that people complain about or any dust/mud/shit under the paint. The paint looks great. I had to pay some extra money for them to sand the whole thing and primer it but I would say it was worth it. I would recommend maaco for someone that is on a budget but just make sure you know who you are dealing with. I guess only time will tell but for now I couldnt be more happy. I will post some pics tomorrow(I would have had some today but there is to much snow)

·
Registered
494 Posts
the worse rep they have is prepping the car...ive heard more and more bout them prepping then painting...id say, prep it yourself and just take it to them for the painting part...thats what we did w/ my buddys car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts