Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gunna do some MAJOR research and I think Ive decided Im going to be buying a wet or maybe a dry shot kit for the rex. Considering its only a grand for a new complete motor (sir1). I think Ill keep it under 75 shot and only spray on the track and dyno and once a while. Shes still my DD. gunna start with a 50 or lower shot if possible.

and the thing I love about NOS.............No fucking Lag, AND you can turn it off ..........I know you can use a wastegate, But Everyone will know when YOu got a turbo. IDK ive Always liked nitrous.

Edelbrock kits look very promising.

But I want that extra Umph to add to Vtec When Racing. Which wont be alot Only at track. I dont do street racing.

any input greatly appc.

· Registered
304 Posts
Why do you need to upgrade the entire fuel system for no higher than a 75 shot? Thats about 500 dollars that doesn't need to be spent. Maybe an adjustable fuel pressure reg. if he goes dry, but he should be good with stock stuff.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fuck that NA i dec. I dont want that. And jus so you know You should upgrade your fuel system. If you want your shit to last . You will get better results, Higher flow injectors and a better fuel pump would be a goot idea for ne one deciding to go On any kind of FOrced induc. I need my car for a long time so im goin all motor and getting a stroker.......................1.9L b16a sleeper.

primer black.

v8 Killer.........

THIS IS WHY I WANNA GO AM

dream car...........k hatch. I think i want EK

maybe in 3 or 4 years....

· Registered
2,307 Posts
Dry shots are fine until 50.

I personally dont use or tune anything that doesn't run a wet kit.
stock b16s are fine for 50~75 shots..
I just tuned a 80 shot b16 3 nights ago, runs like a champ, just bolt ons and the NX express kit in a CRX... thing runs 12.2's all day long spinning the entire way.

keep in mind, nitrous is a Direct Power ADDER.
I've dynoed my car, and others, people who use a wet kit, tapped correctly see the gains str8 to the wheels, E.I a 50 shot will add 50+whp.
there's nothing to research except the timing rules and how far to space your nozzles.
For ever 50shot, you retarded 2 degrees of timing, run a richer AFR of around 12.0 for nitrous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.