Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magnaflow cat back? does anyone know about these for the 1995 accord lx..... i am able to purchase one for 404.25 free shipping , is this a deal and how do they sound ... i like the deep, non buzzing sound, may i have found the one im looking for?

·
Registered
502 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
Someone didnt read my thread on Magnaflow.
Part # is 15686
It'll go deep but really deep and loud too, amazingly it is 50 state legal.
The WSII is good but the Magnaflow is more free flowing than it.
Agreed, I have the Magnaflow on my gf's 96 Ex and it's a great sounding exhaust. Nice low deep tone when idle and cruising but when you go WOT it really screams. She gets alot of compliments about it. Only thing I can tell you from personal experience is that ours didn't fit perfectly, with and without the stock header. It fit better with the stock header though. Apprantly, aftermarket headers seem to push the exhaust towards the back of the car a bit. With the stock header back in place, it fit better but the axle back flange sits right before the rear sway which worries me but so far no rubbing *knocks on wood*

Overall a recommened exhaust to get, the Apex-i WSII is a chambered muffler whereas the Magnaflow is straight through but there isn't much loss of torque because of it so you should have no problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Not a knock on you but you are having all sorts of weird ass issues with parts on your gf's car and yours.
You installed intake, header, exhaust and said your car lost a lot of low end, mine gained a lot actually.
The exhaust you say caused a lot of install issues and fitment with or without stock header caused issues, it did nothing with mine at all. With stock and with aftermarket header fitment was perfect.
You WILL however have issues with the flange as mentioned, if you have an aftermarket sway, it will rattle.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice well i already bought mine so i will tell all of u how it is...... only concern is to pikachu...... thanks once again for the link to keep gen5 alive ... but that thread u say it isnt that loud i thought u said it was quiet loud and u are surprised that it is 50 state legal well thanks once again.

·
Registered
159 Posts
tews19_1995LX said:
nice well i already bought mine so i will tell all of u how it is...... only concern is to pikachu...... thanks once again for the link to keep gen5 alive ... but that thread u say it isnt that loud i thought u said it was quiet loud and u are surprised that it is 50 state legal well thanks once again.

its loud oh yes, but its most definatly not megaphone coffee can loud. Huge difference.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.