Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
ive been looking at exhausts recently and got offered a really good price on a custom 2.25" Magnaflow Exhaust with a 4" tip.

Now - i think i should start off by saying im a newb when it comes to cars and am still learning :p - hence my post here.

The thing is, im not in the USA but far far away - where getting any US makes is very hard - shipping kills and since modding cars is kinda illegal - getting the parts through customs is a bitch.

Neways - my question - do any of u have any experience with the Magnaflow exhaust? Would love to hear what it sounds like and any adv/disadv. of the exhaust? Will the 4" tip be loud?

The thing is - the exhaust CANNOT be very loud as cops will impound my car if it is OR wont pass it when it goes for registration every year- so im looking for a quieter one. i knw that the Apex N1 is supposed to be very quite, unfortuneately i cant get it here.

While im at it - anyone here have any experience with Tanabe, Supersprint or Fox Racing exhausts? (other more expensive options).

I know that Kommon Sense used a magnaflow - would love ur comments on it :)

Oh yeah - i have a 2000 4dr Civic SiR - B16 engine.
Thanx

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
UaeBoost.net said:
Will the 4" tip be loud?

i knw that the Apex N1 is supposed to be very quite, unfortuneately i cant get it here.

the tip wont make an exhaust quiet or loud. the diameter of the piping and the size/shape of the muffler will affect sound.

who ever told you that the N1 is quiet was full of shiet. that thing is LOUD. they probably meant the Apex World Sport, not the N1.

if the cops/emissions are so bad around there i'd suggest you leave your exhaust stock.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for the explanation and response :)

its not really emissions thats tough - they dont really care much. BUT, if the exhaust is LOUD they care. I have alot of friends here who have replaced their exhausts and still get em passed.
They actually listen to hear if its loud... thats all. So basically as long as it doesnt sound like a Lamborghini, its ok.

So with a 2.25" Exhaust - will it be very loud?

·
Registered
703 Posts
i have magnaflow and i love it, not loud and buzzy just a real low tone really, and its stainless so it won't rust (seen a few apexi's rust out) and its fairly low priced so you can get a nice exahust pretty cheap

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
the magnaflow certainly isn't quiet though.

If sound is a concern then the only options are really the World Sport 2 and RSR Exmag.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for all the responses.
I decided use the search option - on exhausts - and spent 2 hrs reding through a whole lot of crap, but i still got some very useful info.

Magnaflow seems to have a very low deep tone to it (as mentioned above) and for some, screams at higher RPMS.

However, as suggested by you guys, the Apexi WorldSpan 2 or the RSR ExMag. I will look into it and hopefully, someone here will beable to get it for me.

OH - one more question! - since i have a 4dr sedan, when ordering the catback will it make a difference?
I mean, will the curves of the exhaust, the length, etc make a difference?
(sry for the nooby questions) :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
of the rsr and ws2 def the rsr, apexi tends to rust out a lil which sucks, i dont' think my magnaflow is loud at all, i'd personally go w/ the greddy sp2 or the comptech in that case if you want it stock like quiet

·
Registered
104 Posts
Im actually in love with my Borla exhaust... It definatly doesn't have that high pitch whine, which i absolutely hate! I personally think its quieter than my 94 civic's stock exaust...till you open her up over course.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmm...im not very sure however there still are highly modified cars over here!!!

The roads here are actually quite dangerous - we have speed limits of 120 km/h on the freeway (within the city ) - and outside the city 140 km/h.....(which means u can hit 160Km/h before the radars catch u).
Yeah its nice to hit those speeds once in a while - but imagine everyone doing it - accidents here are really bad - i pray to God to keep me safe each day

PLus - cops find it hard to stop people speeding - i mean if u owned a lambo, ferrari or a Porsche, u would like to speed - and a fine of a 1000 bucks isnt alot for these guys....

U see, the people here are really RICH! - my neigbor has an SLR and a bentley GT! (and im not kidding) - so to them, they dont really care. theres a guy i knw of, who has fines of 22,000AED (aprox 5000USD)!

its slowly starting to change - but until people stop speeding and driving the way they do - cops wont allow ppl to modify their cars..

·
Registered
4 Posts
yea i was wondering about the tanabe exhausts as well.. ive heard a lot of good things about them, but havent seen much of the product around... why is that?

i want to hear some clips of the Tanabe Super Medalion Hyper to get some idea of how it sounds.. Pics would help too.

thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
tanabe does good stuff, ive seen alot of nice stuff they do for toyota's

But if you are really worried about exhaust sound, you could have a shop weld your stock muffler on the end of the 2 1/4. You wouldnt see too much a power loss and keep a stockish sound

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
doobieboy said:
but if you are really worried about exhaust sound, you could have a shop weld your stock muffler on the end of the 2 1/4. You wouldnt see too much a power loss and keep a stockish sound
not true. stock muffler is terrible and would really restrict flow.

BTW tanabe is one of the loudest exhausts you can buy. yuck

·
Registered
4 Posts
gurusan said:
not true. stock muffler is terrible and would really restrict flow.

BTW tanabe is one of the loudest exhausts you can buy. yuck
thats not true either.. ive read the new tanabe exhausts like the Concept G and the Medalion touring are under 93db (sound ordinance legal) and still maintain high flow..

im still deciding between the hyper, which is a little louder, and the medalion touring (has rumble to it, but not loud) but i dont really have money for the touring as of yet..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.