Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my magnaflow about a week ago, after having it for a week, Im in love with it ;) The sound is the best of any exhaust Ive ever heard, and the performance gains are there. I lost a power from about idle-3k, but everything above that is amazing. The looks of it are awsome too. If you are looking for a muffler for under 150 bucks, this is the one. Dont go with one of those cheap ass APC or other brands that sound like a swarm of angry bumble bees riding on your ass. If anybody wants a sound clip or 2, just IM me on AIM : PreludeKing1995

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Id like to hear it, but I do not have aim. Im about to get a stainless steel 4" body magnaflow for my "home made" exhaust. As long as it sounds deep and mellow, and powerful up high with no buzzing or raspiness, I'll love it too.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is no raspyness at all...ZERO!!! i love it, it has one of the deepest tones, and at over 4krpm, its almost totaly silent, for those long highway trips where you dont wanna get a headache from that damn droning rumble... it was well worth my 140 bucks and id buy it again any day of the week

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
nice magnaflows are awesome

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
Good to know cuz my free magnaflow catback and tip come this week
how'd u get it free?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
They are using my car for fitting and installation for new catback :eek
lucky man!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've been hearing so much good things about the magnaflow exhaust. however my concern is that from listening to the sound clips at the magnaflow website the exhaust seems a bit more on the loud side. I was thinking about getting a Greddy EVO, but seriously want to also consider the magnaflow. how would you compare the loudness??? to that of a thermal? APEXi N1?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
vspec808 said:
I've been hearing so much good things about the magnaflow exhaust. however my concern is that from listening to the sound clips at the magnaflow website the exhaust seems a bit more on the loud side. I was thinking about getting a Greddy EVO, but seriously want to also consider the magnaflow. how would you compare the loudness??? to that of a thermal? APEXi N1?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA :wow
Comparison to Apex N1 this thing is quiet as hell!!!
It's got a mid bass sound from a start to cruise at a dead stop. The higher you rev on stock engine the higher it'll get in pitch. From a dead stop it is low, and then gets a little higher. Basically if you run an intake, it'll multiply that sound. If you remove resonator from your car and punch your airbox out by 3 inches, it'll sound a bit lower in pitch than that.

·
Registered
419 Posts
anyone running the cat back system? I too would like to know where you bought your system from (online)?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I got my muffler on ebay, then took it to a shop for the cat-back. I think that was the cheaper route. Depending on what you want theres different prices, all fairly cheap and many with free shipping. Btw, the sound isnt loud at all, you can definantly hear it but i wouldnt consider it a very loud muffler. Just the right volume and a nice deep tone to it. plus i love the feeling on my back when i push it.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
vspec808 said:
anyone running the cat back system? I too would like to know where you bought your system from (online)?
I had their catback for about 5 weeks. Got it on ebay. www.hottexhaust.com also has a good deal on them. Its a quality setup just too loud for my tastes. Gave me a headache driving to work everyday. Replaced it with a RSR EX-Mag.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts