Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
DVan8504 said:
yeah actually the site dv8 was talking about was one i checked. the only place i saw to put in the discount code said "dealer code" or something like that and it said the code was invalid...anyway. it was well over 500 for my car
Yeah I was just checking that out...$557.57. I guess they voided that code. So you have the coupe. You can still get a discount though. Buy it from them through eBay and use the Best Offer. That's how I knocked $70 off my purchase (I think I could have gone lower so try your luck...you can always do another offer). Here is their auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MagnaFlow-Exhaust-Honda-Accord-15640_W0QQitemZ7973871987QQcategoryZ33630QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Might as well offer something like $425 to test the waters (keep in mind that you don't get the bonus gift if you do a Best Offer).

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
OK I checked out their pricing with my eBay discount and they have it listed for $483.86. So that would be a guaranteed price for you. I am not sure how much lower they would go, if any.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Oh, I forgot to tell you that if you just want to buy it from their site with that eBay discount then use the code "ebay4u". I would still recommend testing their Best Offer on the ebay auction though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for all of you guys' input. It made my decision for me, so I just ordered my cat-back system, and will be expecting it pretty soon. Will comment after install.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had the catback system for a V6 Accord on my 4cyl Accord and I loved it.(its for sale) I had to take it off for the turbo. Im gettin the same set up again but 3" this time.

·
Registered
882 Posts
ya... my magnaflow (part number 14842) sounds pretty badass... little raspy at high rpms while its cold outside... but after 15 min of driving, i can redline it, and it still doesnt sound shitty... just quiet like stated b4.

ill give it a 4/5

·
Registered
882 Posts
vspec808 said:
anyone want to sell me their maganaflow silencer?

my stupid ass muffler didnt come with one! was supposed to... but its no sweat... wouldnt of use it anyways.... but, my friend has a silencer that he doesnt use... ill see if hell sell it... may take a while... i dont got his number, and i was in a wreck, so parents wont let me drive my car till its fixed...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Are all the magnaflows supposed to come with a silencer? My complete catback for my civic didn't have one.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
det414 said:
nope, not all of em... some do, but most, u gotta buy it seperately...
ah ok. I don't care if I have one or not since it's not that loud. I noticed the little hole in the exhaust tip so I figured there was a silencer that went with it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
ya... im just gonna buy that thing that makes it sound like a turbos spooling... since they go right where that hole is... :rolleyes or not... :)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
det414 said:
ya... im just gonna buy that thing that makes it sound like a turbos spooling... since they go right where that hole is... :rolleyes or not... :)
haha, or just buy one of those really loud whistles...I bet it would go great with the magnaflow sound :p.

·
Registered
882 Posts
haha me and a friend hooked a whistle up to my intake... so when u start my car... it makes a whistiling sound... but i didnt leave it on.. was afraid itd get untaped, and shoot into my tb and get all down in there and jack it up...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Det414, hey LMK if you can get your friend to sell his silencer. Actually they are supposed to be sold with the silencers and that is how they leave the warehouse (with silencers), at least that is what magnaflow said when I emailed them about buying a silencer.

If anyone wants to sell theirs LMK. I'm sure you want to c'mon! PM Me

·
Registered
882 Posts
i cant get a hold of him... he drove past me the other night when i wrecked my car... but other than that, i havent seen him for a while... or talked to him...

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
does anyone know what the db level is on the catback system?

i'm getting one for my 97 civic hatch and only paying about $240 (i work in the performance parts industry)...

how does the sound compare to an apexi n1 and greddy sp2?
this is my daily driver/autocross warrior...

i don't want to wake up my neighbors everytime i start my car in the morning and i don't want to sound like an idiot ricer, either...

i was torn between the magnaflow and the fire5zigen for the longest time...
but since 5zigen is not a vendor for my company, the discount isn't that great...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
theflipimage said:
how does the sound compare to an apexi n1 and greddy sp2?
this is my daily driver/autocross warrior...

i don't want to wake up my neighbors everytime i start my car in the morning and i don't want to sound like an idiot ricer, either...
I'd say it's quieter than the n1 but louder than the sp2. It won't wake your neighbors unless you want it to.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts