Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
det414 said:
ya... my magnaflow (part number 14842) sounds pretty badass... little raspy at high rpms while its cold outside... but after 15 min of driving, i can redline it, and it still doesnt sound shitty... just quiet like stated b4.

ill give it a 4/5
I experience the exact same with my magnaflow system, rhaspy at high rpm's when cold, but let it heat up for a while and it roars all the way up there :number1

·
Registered
4 Posts
help with 11215

I'm not really experienced with cars and their parts, I bought a magnaflow 11215, I wanted to get it installed on my 1999 civic Si. However my garagist says that it's going to be much much louder than stock. Is this right? Does anyone have experience with this muffler? I don't mind if it's slightly louder than stock, but I can't have it much louder than stock either.

I really need some help here, I've tried contacting magnaflow themselves but they refuse to even "hint" at how loud or not it might be. This is the best I got:

Just remember the shorter the muffler the louder the sound. Smaller Body very loud, Bigger Body the quieter.
I figured that already... :p So if anyone can give me some info, I'd be very gratefull!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Here's my Magnaflow review:

First of all the quality of the catback exhaust is beautiful! nice welds and everything. At idle the car is dead quiet. There have been times when I've had to rev the car a little just to make sure it was still running. under normal driving conditions the car is very quiet, and almost inaudible. at cruise the car isn't very loud at all... it is pretty much silent. Now at WOT the car screams ! It is very deep and throaty with absolutely NO RASP at all. I've been told the car sounds "chaotic" and "like a bear ripping someone apart" lol chris. The car does gurgle and pop some, but I love it! I have sound clips, but my friend hasnt sent them to me yet. I will post in the video forum or maybe just in this thread when I have them.

also the exhaust, or well atleast mine, doesnt reach all the way back to the bumper. it is about 2-3 inches from the outside of the bumper. some people say it looks weird, but I like it cause it's not as easily visible.

- thanks for reading.

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
mugenej8power said:

First of all the quality of the catback exhaust is beautiful! nice welds and everything. At idle the car is dead quiet. There have been times when I've had to rev the car a little just to make sure it was still running. under normal driving conditions the car is very quiet, and almost inaudible. at cruise the car isn't very loud at all... it is pretty much silent. Now at WOT the car screams ! It is very deep and throaty with absolutely NO RASP at all. I've been told the car sounds "chaotic" and "like a bear ripping someone apart" lol chris. The car does gurgle and pop some, but I love it! I have sound clips, but my friend hasnt sent them to me yet. I will post in the video forum or maybe just in this thread when I have them.

- thanks for reading.
yea ive heard his car before.. i wish my car was that quiet :(

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
mugenej8power said:

also the exhaust, or well atleast mine, doesnt reach all the way back to the bumper. it is about 2-3 inches from the outside of the bumper. some people say it looks weird, but I like it cause it's not as easily visible.

- thanks for reading.
Which model did you get? It doesn't sound like you got the right catback. The shortness sounds like it's for a hatchback and I don't know why it's so quiet. It's not a chambered muffler is it?

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
idle is still pretty quiet even with SMSP 4-1 header and magnaflow high flo cat. cruise is decently quiet, but there are times where it seems louder than usual.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
95civickicker said:
Any of you guys with a SOHC have a problem with droning on highways and long distances? Thanks
yeah, mine has an definite drone while cruising on the freeway at ~3.5k rpms. I got used to it though and don't even notice it when the radio is on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've heard Magnaflow on other car's and they sounded good, but they were usually all American car's.
Best muffler for cheap.
But would it sound as good on my RSX as an Apexi WS2?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My friend had Greddy with a Magnaflow on his tC and it sounded pretty good.
Nice rumble as he lets off the gas, but a lil' bit a little bumble bee noise here and there when he would hit it.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts