Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around on some part sites and stumbled upon these oil and tranny plugs that have a magnet on the tips of them. apparently they are to collect small, loose metalic particles that flow thru the engines fluids. they claim to extend the life of the engine and tranny. ur supposed to put them in with the next oil change/tranny fluid change and im gena be changing my oil soon and might have to change the tranny fluid as well(need to check that) Has anyone heard of these or have them? do u think it actully works? i know they arnt gena make a dramatic difference but anything can help...esp. on an old engine. any feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

thanks

heres a pic of what they look like:

·
Registered
27 Posts
civicexracer said:
I was looking around on some part sites and stumbled upon these oil and tranny plugs that have a magnet on the tips of them. apparently they are to collect small, loose metalic particles that flow thru the engines fluids. they claim to extend the life of the engine and tranny. ur supposed to put them in with the next oil change/tranny fluid change and im gena be changing my oil soon and might have to change the tranny fluid as well(need to check that) Has anyone heard of these or have them? do u think it actully works? i know they arnt gena make a dramatic difference but anything can help...esp. on an old engine. any feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

thanks

heres a pic of what they look like:
Yeah they are good. They collect a nice glob of black metallic goo between O/changes. It's amazing what they gather.

On my Infiniti's and Nissans they're standard, and I assume they're standard on my new Civic, tho I don't have the manual for this ride yet so not sure.

Anyone know for sure??

Colin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the reason im looking into them is because my engine is pretty old and high mileage so im trying to do my best and get whatever i can to keep it running in tip-top shape, just figure this might be something that could potentially help...as for the price...i really dont feel like spending $50 on a couple of bolts...i found some on ebay, both oil and tranny for $25 shipped from some company called TC Sportline think those are ok?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts