Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2003 honda accord i4 with 52000 on my odometer. The only thing i do regularly is oil change/ tire rotation and get brake check once i a whille. Do you suggest that i do schedule maitenance as i haven't had done any. Dose it really help your car in the long time or is it just waist of money, if I should do themaintenance then question is should i do it at dealership or find local mechanic and do it there?

thanks for everyone replys

·
Registered
392 Posts
Let me put it this way...Do you go to the doctor so you can know you are healthy? and if you are weak in some way do you not get vitamins and supplements to make you stronger?

Well its the same thing with a hunk of metal, you need to maintain it so it can keep running smoothly.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
ylen13 said:
thx for replys,then my next question is should i do at honda dealership or at local mechanic?
Personally, I'd have it done by a mechanic....

Just bkuz the guys at the Honda dealership, give u the cheap parts such as a cheap filter, cheap oil....... and sometimes, they fix one thing and phuk up another, in order to get u to come in more often thus pay them more!

I get it done by my mechanic, good price and trustworthy!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I do my own scheduled service, but most people I know can't. My suggestion is to find a honda specialized service center & have them do a 60k mile schedule service on it. They should give it a good look & catch anything if there's a problem. If it's an automatic trans, it'll need the fluid drained & flushed, not just drained & filled. That involves draining & filling 3 times with driving it a couple of miles in between. You can find the
schedule in your owners manual to see what all is on the 60k service. A good shop will have set prices for these services so you'll know what to expect up front.
Good luck!
Rick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rickthefix said:
I do my own scheduled service, but most people I know can't. My suggestion is to find a honda specialized service center & have them do a 60k mile schedule service on it. They should give it a good look & catch anything if there's a problem. If it's an automatic trans, it'll need the fluid drained & flushed, not just drained & filled. That involves draining & filling 3 times with driving it a couple of miles in between. You can find the
schedule in your owners manual to see what all is on the 60k service. A good shop will have set prices for these services so you'll know what to expect up front.
Good luck!
Rick
are you saying that honda dealership will do better job then independent mechanic?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Didn't say a honda dealer, I said a honda specialized shop, meaning independent shop that specializes in honda auto reapir.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.