Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the car i have now is a bone stock 94 civic dx i had for about 4months now and with my engine swap coming (h22a) i will be going turbo but what kind of maintenance is done to keep my engine and turbo running good all the time (it will be daily driven)
(and internals will be equipped) if that helps

thanx :D

· Registered
320 Posts
So long as you have ample fuel and spark, and the car is tuned well (ideally, fully programmable engine management)...the only real routine maintenance you will need to perform is nothing more than normal...oil every 3,000 miles. Some people say that you have to change it every 1,000 or 2,000...but that's bullshit. Every 3,000 miles, just like a normal motor...and you will be fine.

Bottom line is, if you respect the car, it will respect you. If you take care of the car, it will take care of you. ;)

· Registered
148 Posts
yeah turbo timers are the shit when it comes to turbo longetivity. keep some good synthetic oil in it. make sure to check things like cv boots and axles, i know that civics with the h22 swap have problems sometimes with the axles and shit. like matt3t4 said, treat it well and itll be fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.