Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need 2000 USDM ECU with out the immobilizer unit.

Here's my story, 2 years ago I bought a 2000 H22A Type S for 2500 with out the trip-tronic transmission, instead i had a 95 lude trany put on. At the time I thought it was a deal. I asked around what the price was to install, and on the average it was about 1200. I found a local place that would do it for 800. It wasn't an import shop but two guys told me that they had done them before and that they could have it done in about a week. They came and picked up my car with a tow truck to their shop (my car had a blown motor at the time). Two weeks went by and they still hadn't finished. On the third week I went to see what was up and they told me that they had run into some electrical problems but that it was going to be finished soon. Five weeks later I go down there again and this time I didn't see them, so I asked to talk the shop foreman. This is were I got screwed. Since I had always asked to talk to these two guys when calling or going over there, the guy didn't know anything about my car. He said that josh and scott had asked him if it would be ok if they brought a friends car down there to work on, and he ok'ed it. But as far as he knew it wasn't a paid job. I had paid half up front ($400) and he said that they had quit and didn't know where they were at, but he did give me their information. I asked him if he could finish the job. I explained to him what the deal was and he said no, but after seeing my distrees he said to give him a day or two and he would see what he could do. From there I went looking for these punks. The lady who answered the door said that she only rented a room to josh and that he had moved out about a week ago. She didn't know where he had gone. Scott's address wasn't even a valid adress. I asked the houses around there but no one even knew who he was. The very next day the shop foreman guy told me that they couldn't do it and that I would have to take my car with me. since I had never gotten a receipt from scott or josh, I didn't have anything to fight with. I learned a hard lesson there. To make matter worse nobody that I had called before wouldn't even touch it anymore. I e-mailed pictures to the ones that would and they would tell me that wires that weren't suppose to be cut, were cut, and that it would be 1800-2200 depending on the shop, and they still couldn't guarranty me that it would work! Not to mention that this was not including parts that might have to be replaced if they were bad. I didn't have the money for that, all I had was about 600 and a 97 accord lx with a 2000 type S motor in with ripped wires everywere. I am some what mechanically inclined and some automotive experience, but not enough to feel good about doing it myself. It took the help of a honda website, $180 for the Honda dealer electrical manuals for 2000 prelude and 1997 accord, $100 in electrical supplies (wire, electrical tape, and shrink tubbing), $250 for a 95 lude jdm ecu, and about two months but I finally got it to run. I know this story is long but it doesn't show the frustration and stress that I whent thru. Once I got it to run it was the greatest feeling of accomplishment that I had ever felt.

Now here's my problem, when I had to smog it 6 months later nobody would smog it because of the engine. they told me I had to go to the "referee" and get a sticker that says that this motor is ok. When I took it to the referee he went thru his prceedures and told me that everything was fine except for the intake pipe and the computer had to be an american computer. The only problem is that the american computer for a 99 or above prelude had an immobilizer unit in it. Which means my car won't start, cranked over but didn't start. It has to be a 99 or above because the 97-98 prelude have a different EGR system.

So if anyone knows of a place that sells legal computers which I could use in my car, or I will buy a usdm comp and get it reprogramed to take out the immobilizer unit. I have ran out of DMV extensions, and my car just sits in a garage.

Please help, for years this was a dream for me to have this motor in my car, and it's turned into a nightmare. Although for the one year that I had it on the road it, was funnest sweetest ride and was told that it was fast by many people. I would like to relive those 220 hp days, but if I don't get an answer soon, I will sell the car. Or what other computer options do I have. I don't care wether it's legal or not as long as it fools the referee into giving me my sticker.
SPECS: 2000 H22A TYPE S/ 1995 PRELUDE TRANNY IN A 1997 ACCORD LX.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
theres no USDM h22 ECU without the immobilizer for 99 and 00.

the only h22 ecu's without the immobilizer were the USDM 1996 P13 ECU and the JDM 1997 and up P5P ECU but the problem is that the JDM P5P ECU wont pass SMOG or Ref cuz the code reader at the BAR station won't be able to read it and that the 1996 USDM P13 ECU's are very rare and hard to find. Good luck at finding the 96 P13, should have asked around for a smog place that would have passed you with some money under the table before going to the BAR ref.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts