Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright JDM guro's I need some advise. As you can tell I'm pretty new to the import/JDM scene and I need to know how to convert my 96 honda civci hx to a JDM Masterpiece!!!!! I went to WWW.JDMHONDAPARTS.COM and they have alot of JDM engines there. Has anyone ever gone there for a swap or any mods????? Well anything you guys can tell me I appreciate.

· Registered
2,138 Posts
Im goin the jdm/clean route, and there are tons of sites with good jdm stuff. How much u looking to spend? U have any ideas waht u wanna do besides the engine?

· Registered
118 Posts
this is really off topic, but imagine going to a junkyard in Japan and flipping out about stock parts on cars over there, they would probably think you were retarted. Imagine going to a junkyard here and seeing someone flippng out about a stock airbox or a steering wheel a on a civic. I think i might have to laugh at them.:) I'm down with all this JDM stuff, just something to think about.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok you might have a point but I could just be like the next guy and throw on bodykit and there you go. Don't get me wrong, I love the styles and how bodykits look but I'm just a new guys to the scene that is trying to figure out witch path I want to go down.

· Registered
1,507 Posts
instead of straight JDM, go the JDM aftermarket routine, and get the stuff you want to get, but get it from manufacturers in JAPAN. like a whole mugen-mobile, or something with all spoon stuff..

it's expensive tho, so the JDM route is only for the crazy ones, or the full on big dog baller types, but hey... it looks hella tite.

· Registered
140 Posts
just do what YOU are interested in.. u like body kits? slap on a body kit.. u like the JDM cluster? slap on the JDM cluster.. you dont have to go straight down one route.. if u live in so cali. its like JDM frenzy goin on and everyone and their mom has a white hatch w/ ur normal ctR look.. im fearful that its gonna get played out pretty soon.. but yeah.. u dont have to be on a single mind set..

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just wanted to say thanks for all of the replys and I figured out what I'm going to do now. I do have 1 question for emer820. I just moved up to LA from Diego and I need some advise on import shop in LA. I visited WWW.INLINEFOUR.COM and I'm thinking about getting my swap done by them. Has anyone gottan there swap there?????????? Was the out come good????? Would anybody recommemd that I go there to get my swap?????

I did read a thread about import shop in the So cal area but nobody ever said anything about INLINEFOUR. Maybe that's cause there not worth talking about???? I don't no, there right around my area so that's why I wanted to go through them.

· Registered
1,507 Posts
considering the huge number of quality shops in CA, it's not surprising that you haven't heard of em.

i have, and they have good stuff. you can't be just anybody and carry spoon and mugen, so they should be somewhat reputable. i've never seen any cars they've done though, so i can't tell you the quality of their builds. if they want you as a customer, they'll let you talk to peoples cars they've worked on.

get the down low from the customers, when they aren't at the shop to see what they really say. that's the best way to get dirt.

· Registered
222 Posts
jm_19792000 , also i notice ur location is in southern cal... JDM swaps are illegal here. :( dont mean to rain on ur parade. just thought i'd bring it to ur attention in case u werent aware cuz beleive me, u'll have headaches trying to get it to pass SMOG w/ a JDM swap; unless u probably got hookups.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey thanks for the advise CivicDragon916.
I pretty new to the import scene and I've heard alot about the JDM swaps. Nobody has really ever proved to me that JDm motors are worth all the hasle. I mean is it worth a few more pony's???? I guess I'll just stick with the good old USDM!!!! Catch you later bro.

· Registered
4,607 Posts
medline said:
just for info, i dont believe they make civic coupes in japan.

so to make it jdm look well, i would just get jdm aftermarket stuff. personally i prefer just to keep the car looking stock, and make it fast.

nope, no coupe's from japan. 5 doors, hatches. sedan(ferio), and wagons depending on the year.....now i got a question for u, u would happen to know anywhere with good ae86 photos would u...i like that jun pic in ure sig but i have never found any really nice pics.

· Registered
222 Posts
jm_19792000 said:
Hey thanks for the advise CivicDragon916.
I pretty new to the import scene and I've heard alot about the JDM swaps. Nobody has really ever proved to me that JDm motors are worth all the hasle. I mean is it worth a few more pony's???? I guess I'll just stick with the good old USDM!!!! Catch you later bro.
hey no problem man! JDM is pretty kewl but by doing the swap, all u get really is the name "JDM".. in my opinion. Not worth the FEW extra HP and torque figures. another user on here " Mokuboy " is up in the bay area building a JDM look on his hatch but is putting in a USDM B16 motor...which is a good idea i think. but of course, this probably only applies to us cali peepz. im sure other SHO members would disagree but thats cuz they're state allows them to complete the JDM swap. lucky fuckers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.