Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a a way to make my civic steering responisiveness improve? I feel like I have to turn my wheel a half a turn to make a sharp turn.

· Registered
2,917 Posts
more responsive steering responce..

But a positive toe on the front and rear alignment wise
More psi in the tires
Wider tire
Lower stance in the vehicle
Sway bars
Strut bars

Those are the basics...

· Registered
1,393 Posts
get those polyurethane bushings kit and replace all the rubber stock bushings with the poly ones.

like "energy suspension" their bushing kits.

plus all the methods mentioned aboved...

laters

· Registered
518 Posts
you could buy my bilstein shocks and neuspeed springs from me:D . they make the car VERY responsive, and it handles awesome.

· Registered
84 Posts
Slowpoke said:
What is a a way to make my civic steering responisiveness improve? I feel like I have to turn my wheel a half a turn to make a sharp turn.
I'm not sure how far you want to go or how much you want to invest, but I took the assumption that you want to keep the car as close to stock height and ride quality as possable.

- get a set of good springs that drop your car an inch or less.
- high quality shocks or adjustable even
(as much as I do not like shameless plugs, the set up CiViC2000 listed would be very nice)
- sway bars front & rear
- strut bars (front upper makes the most difference)
- better tires (more performance oriented)
- a small amount of negative camber or small amount of toe in (this wears tires faster so be careful how much you go)
- get an alignment (it might be off right now, toe out causes slower stearing responce)

· Registered
604 Posts
If you do any of the above, you'll still have to turn the wheel halfway to do the same turn. This is a function of the steering ratio in the rack. If you want to make the same turn say at 1/4 turn on the wheel, you'd have to change the steering rack (possibly with a custom ratio) which isn't cheap.

The mods above, though they won't change steering ratios but they will make the car more responsive in respect to your input on the wheel having an immediate effect. The inputs will become razor sharp which is very very nice!

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well guys let me tell you what i have right now on my car.
Koni Yellows
Eibach 1.5 in drop
Front Upper strut bar
Volk te_37's 15 in with 205, 50, 15 dunlop sp sport 8000's

My question is how do i make the steering response better. I want to make it were i don't have to turn the wheel as much to get the car to turn hard. I know a smaller diameter steering wheel will help this but is there another way.

And to the little piece of sh1t who doesn't like imports....why don't you drive a car that doesn't use 50 year old technology. Push rod cars have been around forever; All the good companies (ie. hondas, toyotas, nissan, and FORD) got rid (if they had it at all) of push rods and use OHC.

Also you can't even talk...you drive an S10....Let me guess it is an Extream S10...more like extream piece of sh1t. It is a truck...you probably try to autocross it too...hehehehe..How's that solid rear axle bitch.

The replacement for displacement is efficency, that is your big block's defficency.

· Registered
84 Posts
Slowpoke said:
Well guys let me tell you what i have right now on my car.
Koni Yellows
Eibach 1.5 in drop
Front Upper strut bar
Volk te_37's 15 in with 205, 50, 15 dunlop sp sport 8000's

My question is how do i make the steering response better. I want to make it were i don't have to turn the wheel as much to get the car to turn hard. I know a smaller diameter steering wheel will help this but is there another way.
sway bars will help the lean of the car into corners, and marginally will effect what you are looking for.
But honestly about the only way to truly do what you listed is what PupaScoopa said. Get a different steering rack. That's really the only way to make it so your car turns more with less travel of the steering wheel. (going to make parking a pain)
Well I mean you can modify your steering to shorter arm on the hub, that will turn the wheel more with less travel of the steering wheel but will effect so many other things that..... well just trust me you don't want to go there.

· Registered
1 Posts
god ur dumb

ur an idiot its a 89 s10 slightly lowered with a 350 ,it runs 11's biiiiiiitch i only spent 1200$ let me see u spend only that much and make an import run 11's

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx guys that really helps

As for the other little sh1t hole. I'm the idiot because everything i said about your truck is true? Don't you have something malfunctioning on your car that you have to go fix?

Moderators can you block this guy. You can also close this forum, I got what I needed out of it.
thanx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.