Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

man newbies always have questions!

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  munkeysoup 
#1 ·
:p taking off the front bumper of my 2002 accord coupe v6.

anyone have clear, easy, instructions for a scared, worried freak who doesnt want to screw anything up. thanks!

#9 ·
yeah- it's gotten to the point where I'd rather remove the bumper than go through fenderwell to get to the insides...just remember- 5 clips on the top...4 clips on the bottom...and 2 screws...10mm....and voila...done... can i ask why you're removing it? I didn't bend over to look carefully when I wanted to remove the front license plate...and thinking that it was similar to the Civic, I thought there were bolts/nuts on the inside of the bumper...but there weren't......so all that for nothing...:mad:

#13 ·
3.0 said:
o fo show..i know its gonna be a bitch..but i think itll be fun doin it wit some homies ova a weekend.
one thing i would reccommend doing instead of what most directions tell you to do. to heat up the silicone to get it apart, most directions tell you to use a hair dryer or a heat gun. i did this on my left headlight, and it took me about 30 minutes to get it open and i opened the seal unevenly. for my right headlight, i stuck it in the oven at the lowest temp and left em in there for like 3 minutes, and then the silicone just peeled right apart the seal was even. when i put them back together, the left light leaked but the right light didnt even though i resealed them both. just a word of advice to make the job easier.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.