Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy has a 94 Civic with the 1.5L. one of his fans isnt kicking on so we are going to wire it up to a manual switch. what would be the easiest way to hook up both fans two a manual switch? i have done this on other cars but never on a honda before. Also is there a relay i could tie this into?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
885.0dude said:
my buddy has a 94 Civic with the 1.5L. one of his fans isnt kicking on so we are going to wire it up to a manual switch. what would be the easiest way to hook up both fans two a manual switch? i have done this on other cars but never on a honda before. Also is there a relay i could tie this into?
it would be best to tell us which fan it is.

why would you want a manual switch when its gonna be one of three things wrong:

1) thermostat is not operating properly
2) a relay is burnt out
3) the motor to the fan is burnt out

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
his ac fan does kick on when u turn on the ac like its supposed to but the other fan doesnt so were going to wire it up to a manual switch temporarly so his car doesnt get hot. aint trying to be mean but if he forgets to turn it on that is his problem.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
98civcEK said:
1) thermostat is not operating properly
2) a relay is burnt out
3) the motor to the fan is burnt out
these are the reasons it wouldn't work. DON'T manual wire it, you'd do all that work then the motor be burnt out, that would just be a waste.

·
Registered
220 Posts
98civcEK said:
these are the reasons it wouldn't work. DON'T manual wire it, you'd do all that work then the motor be burnt out, that would just be a waste.

Yeah man I agree.

When I seen this topic title, I was like "Why in the world would he need to do such a thing..??"

It's a bad idea. Be a good friend and help him fix the problem so the fan will come spin-up on it's own like it should.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts