Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has manual side mirrors and i want to buy these really cheap spoon sidemirrors and want the power ones. do i just buy the door from the same car as mine but with power sidemirror controls? will this alone make the sidemirrors work?(the sidemirrors have motors already.)

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
You don't need to replace the door or even the door panel, only the mirror itself and the wiring harness. The main thing is replacing the floor harness in the vehicle, it contains the wiring for both mirrors. You might also want to replace the little triangle trim where the stalk is right now too. Get the flat one or the one with tweeters.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
you can get the switch, wire a relay, and run new wires (assuming you can get the plugs) to the mirrors. Converting from non power to power accessoires is not really hard at all. I went from manual locks and windows, to power locks and windows. And I am glad I did. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
how did you do that commador? pay to get it professionally done or did you go to a junk yard and get some motors :) also, thanks for asking this question for me Agent47. I was wondering the same.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I got a spal kit. Easy install. Only took a couple hours then I had power windows. The keyless/electric door kit was even easier. Now I can lock my car up with 1 button. :)

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
ebay for the window kit and the keyless kit

Search for a user(or store) called "wizard auto"or something like that.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
tim thats a blinging sig man! if it wasnt so ghetto id like it more. hahaha no but the hid's are pimp! and yes the power windows are very nice. i envy them while riding in tims sedan, now if you could get them working properly :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
steviethekidd said:
how did you do that commador? pay to get it professionally done or did you go to a junk yard and get some motors :) also, thanks for asking this question for me Agent47. I was wondering the same.
uh...ok! no prob.

thanks guys for the input. forgot about the tweeter thing. probly need to get those too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts