Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend got his cam machined to specs he wanted. I think they matched crower cam specs or something. Anyways i just wondered if anyone could give me anymore info on this or lead me in the right direction.

· Registered
18 Posts
i think what your friend now has is a "regrind" cam, they are not as good as a cam thats ground from a "fresh" blank like a Spoon, Crower, Skunk2 etc cam...those are EXACT grinds, and are tuned exactly to each application depending on how "mild" or "wild" you want the cam to be

· Registered
29 Posts
If your N/A, go with a bought cam, if your building a turbo monster, get a cam fresh ground to what you need. With N/A 99% of thee time you dont need to have custom lift and dur. but with a built motor AND turbo, youll want to have a custom cam and a custom ECU isnt a bad idea either, that way youll have your maps set to your cam and internals.

· Registered
284 Posts
Regrind cams accelerate wear on the rocker!
Personnaly, I prefer aftermarket cam because they surpass hardness and quality test! And it depend on your need(type1-2-3)
Type 1 will pass emission test-good for daily driver
Type 2 dont pass emission!-still good for daily driver-good power
Type 3 big power with other mod-not so good idle-emission...haha

regrind cost less but you will never have the type 2 with a regrind cam....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.