Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello fellow superhonda members.
i have a 1993 civic dx. i swapped the 1.5 out and dumped an ex engine from a 1994 delsol. (d16z6).
i noticed on my engine harness that there is acutally two connectors looking identical to each other. and the MAP sensor hooks up to either connector.
i looked at a 1995 ex engine harness and found that it only has one connector and one map sensor.
i ran into some trouble with this because the engine i bought came with everything BUT the throttle body. on a 1994-1995 d16z6 engine there is a map sensor mounted on the throttle body.
on my d15 . there was no map sensor on the throttle body. but there was one mounted on the fire wall. does this mean i need to change my engine harness to a 1994-1995?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
weewoo said:
14 people have looked at this so far. yet nothing....
easy, people can look abut if they don't know they don't reply, which is a good thing. and frankly i'm not positive but i think you need to get the correct throttle body, and use the map on it and not the one on the firewall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just put a 1.6 zc *****h (almost exactly the same motor) in in my 1990 civic I had to use the map on the throttle body not the firewall. I used the origional harness just had to make the wires reach, the clip was the same.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
dsc369 said:
I just put a 1.6 zc *****h (almost exactly the same motor) in in my 1990 civic I had to use the map on the throttle body not the firewall. I used the origional harness just had to make the wires reach, the clip was the same.
see someone that did this before more or less, you just have to give it time.

spell it vtec no v-t-e-c-h

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i asume that the connector for the map on the firewall becomes useless. but wouldnt that throw off a cel?
i will try getting a z6 t/b with a map sensor. i heard that about half the time you get a used map sensor its faulty. and honda only sell the map sensor with the stock z6 t/b, looked it up. runs me about 700$ give or take 25$. so im going to ebay it. thank you for the info it helped . i will keep you posted on what is going on with the situation
thanks again

·
Registered
714 Posts
Just plug the hole on top of the z6 TB up and use the Firewall map sensor(they are the same). Just make sure to run a vacuum line to it. Should work fine. as for the other connector on your engine harness it goes to the TPS on the side of the throttle body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.