Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANNAPOLIS, Md. - Driving a super-sized sport utility vehicle on Maryland roads would cost $750 more a year under a measure being considered by state lawmakers.

Delegate Bill Bronrott is promoting the registration renewal surcharge for owners of SUVs that weigh more than 6,000 pounds.

"This bill is ... about the largest, heaviest passenger vehicles that are the least fuel efficient and the most toxic to our air, land and water," the Democrat told a House committee hearing Tuesday.

SUVs covered by the legislation include the Hummer H2, Cadillac Escalade ESV, Lincoln Navigator and the GMC Yukon XL.

"They pose a highway safety hazard, and they disproportionately beat up our roads and bridges," said Bronrott, who acknowledged that the bill as written may not survive in the legislature.

Automobile dealers oppose an increase.

Maryland owners of vehicles over 3,700 pounds currently pay a renewal fee of $180 every two years, compared to a fee of $128 for vehicles under 3,700 pounds.

The state doesn't keep records of how many residents own SUVs weighing more than 6,000 pounds.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050216/ap_on_re_us/brf_luxury_suvs

·
Registered
403 Posts
Coolbeans i live in md about time those fuckers paid for driving those behemoths. sorry if i sound bitter but i almost got hit the other day by someone in a yukon xl. :clap

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
well the bigger u are the more money u gonna spend. very logical hm.. a clever way of making money damn gov ppl more money for them less money for SUV owner hehehehe weird they use this money to fix the road.... if not all the damaged roads are more suitable for SUVs

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
HanSOLio said:
Coolbeans i live in md about time those fuckers paid for driving those behemoths. sorry if i sound bitter but i almost got hit the other day by someone in a yukon xl. :clap
Hell yeah! the other day a soccer mom in a navigator blocked traffic in the right turn lane waiting for the light to turn green so she could cut me off in the straight going lane. She would have hit me if I didnt slam on brakes. I had to give way just cause she was bigger, even if she clearly didnt have right of way. BITCH!!! She decided she got in the wrong lane, but she was just gonna push me over cause she knew she was bigger.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
phrancis said:
Hell yeah! the other day a soccer mom in a navigator blocked traffic in the right turn lane waiting for the light to turn green so she could cut me off in the straight going lane. She would have hit me if I didnt slam on brakes. I had to give way just cause she was bigger, even if she clearly didnt have right of way. BITCH!!! She decided she got in the wrong lane, but she was just gonna push me over cause she knew she was bigger.
At least you have the lude. I have a crx, which means "bitch" in SUV language. The constantly try to push me around, and sometimes are successful at it because I don't want to be crushed by a cotdamn Excersion boheamethbeast.

I have a lot of patience, but if some of you say what I saw the other day you would have be charged with battery. I was sitting at a stop light with my girl in the car, for some reason I decided to look at the car next to me. So I look right and see the bottom of the door so I look up through the drivers window and see: a female, smoking a cigarette, talking on the cellphone, and she is by herself driving this damn Yukon. Damn! That little tiny thing just pissed me off for the rest of the night. I would have had a picture to show yall, but my g/f kept asking me why I wanted her to give me the camera out of the glove box.

errm... sorry for the ranting.

Ban All SUV's for the face of the planet (except rescue workers) member #X

1 - 8 of 8 Posts