Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... My first question is what do they do...? Second is: is it very hard to replace both...?

I was just making sure that I don't have drop the tranny or anything like that...

·
Registered
832 Posts
They aren't to hard to change. Just take alot of time to change them. The master has two bolts that hold it into the firewall, and a few lines. I took out my driver seat so I could lay down all the way and see under the dash, and took out the resovior and the ignition thing to get to it.

As for the slave, you just got to drop one of the radiator fans and you should be able to change that too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
thats correct, you dont have to pull the tranny.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Preludedrivin said:
Ok... My first question is what do they do...? Second is: is it very hard to replace both...?

I was just making sure that I don't have drop the tranny or anything like that...

ok, master cylender pushes fluid into slave cylender which performs work, and no tranny dropping involved

·
Registered
247 Posts
you dont really need a vaccum bleeder to bleed it just get a little cup pour just a lil bit of brake fluid in there and then take a clear see through vacuum hose and dip in the fluid. Then put the other end onto the slave nipple then you turn the nipple counter clockwise to open it then close it.

Then you have someone pump the peddal down its gonna sink(dont panic its normal. Then close the nipple up and go to the clutch pedal pull it back up slowly then keep having the assistant do full stroke steps on the clutch pedal, dont let the level in the refill resevuoir go below or else youll have to restart the process. dont stop untill you see no fluid in the lines and make sure that you are maintaining pedal pressure and your all set to go.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ricer said:
you dont really need a vaccum bleeder to bleed it just get a little cup pour just a lil bit of brake fluid in there and then take a clear see through vacuum hose and dip in the fluid. Then put the other end onto the slave nipple then you turn the nipple counter clockwise to open it then close it.

Then you have someone pump the peddal down its gonna sink(dont panic its normal. Then close the nipple up and go to the clutch pedal pull it back up slowly then keep having the assistant do full stroke steps on the clutch pedal, dont let the level in the refill resevuoir go below or else youll have to restart the process. dont stop untill you see no fluid in the lines and make sure that you are maintaining pedal pressure and your all set to go.
yeah well my friends had tried it that way the day before while i was at work and got nowhere so i went out and bought the vacuum bleeder for $50 to save some time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts