Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 90% sure my master cyl is going out on me. just have to bleed the lines to make sure of it. But i was wondering if i end up replacing the master can i upgrade at all by using a gsr one or anything else stock? I thought i had seen people listing something along those lines as mods. If so what advantages and disadvantages? Can i just replace the master cyl or do i have to change out/upgrade other parts?

·
Registered
228 Posts
yesh you can use a integra master cylinder but just look for the 15/16 one cause that is a non abs MC unless you have abs on your sol than get the the 1" MC straight forward upgrade

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
b18c1eg2 said:
yesh you can use a integra master cylinder but just look for the 15/16 one cause that is a non abs MC unless you have abs on your sol than get the the 1" MC straight forward upgrade
advantages?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great thanks!

·
Registered
644 Posts
15/16 will not bolt on your Booser. Get a 7/8 from a 95 Civic EX. They are like $40 rebuilt at a parts store. It'll bolt right up.

Advantage is more pressure decreasing the travel of the pedal needed to compress the caliper. Not much if you keep the OEM brakes on the car, but if you have larger calipers than stock you need more pressure just to keep the same pedal feel.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah crap, i just picked up the 15/16 teg one from work on my way out. So return it for a 95 civic ex 7/8? Gotta get this fixed soon. Brakes are becomming too unreliable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts