Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:madOver the weekend my 2007 Honda Civic was broken into and my purse and all of its contents were stolen. The police officers who I spoke with said this is fairly common as the thugs in the area have gotten a hold of a master key which, in this case, allowed them to enter my trunk without setting off the alarm. Apparently, this master key can get into many honda civics. They do not have the computer chip in them so they can't start the car but they can allow any criminal who chooses to enter your car and take whatever they please.
I just want others to be aware as I was completely unaware that this type of crime let alone key existed.
Thanks.

· Registered
412 Posts
ok, hate to be an @ss, but have to ask. Are you sure you didn't simply forget to lock the vehicle?
I don't think it is her fault on that....I have heard reports (plus, learned in class), about how to break into peoples cars using the key fobs. I actually have it planned out in my head, and know what to do....just wont lol. But yea, I could see it being just lack of common sense (wow...your sn is perfect for this), or it could vary well be theives with a good hook up.

· Registered
118 Posts
I dont know about new hondas, but the key to my 92 integra could start up my friends 93 integra. His civic key could also open a bunch of other civics. I guess they're are only so many different key types they could make until they make alike ones again

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
I don't think it is her fault on that....I have heard reports (plus, learned in class), about how to break into peoples cars using the key fobs. I actually have it planned out in my head, and know what to do....just wont lol. But yea, I could see it being just lack of common sense (wow...your sn is perfect for this), or it could vary well be theives with a good hook up.
they have a class for that. could come in handy when you're broke hehe

· Registered
39 Posts
My uncle is a Tow Truck driver and works for the CAA and he told me that there are alot of Acura Teg keys that can open Hondas, well im not sure if this is true, but one day When i just finished changeing the timing belt and stuff, i started the car, and i locked the door, and like i killed the engine and waited for my friend to come, cuz his 1998 Acura Integra key can open my door, but this is only on the front drivers lock, since it is used alot it gets worn down, and its easier to open, and i heard of many master keys, but i never knew that it can open trucks, i heard that the front drivers door is the easiest to open.
P.S. Teg owners dont try and open civic:ninja

· Registered
412 Posts
they have a class for that. could come in handy when you're broke hehe
Lol, no, not like that. I was an avionics student...about to get my electronics AAS, as well as my Avionics AAS. Some of the stuff we learned how to do....isn't really "legal" lol. Our instructor was telling us one time though, this situation was happening with Ferraris, and master key. Someone that had a hook up with the master key for some high end cars would just post up, do the same thing as these people are doing, but instead of just steal shit inside, they would steal the whole car. Nothing broke, just clean in and gone.

· Registered
412 Posts
Also forgot...back in my auto class in HS, my friend's 96 v6 camaro key would open my other friends 87 IROC, and vise versa.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
I know on a lot of older cars, since there were so few key cut combinations, you could actually use your ket to unlock someone else's car of the same type if you just so happened to have a similar style key cut. I don't know if they've aquired a "master key" or they just happened to have tried your particular civic with their civic's key.

I have a 2004 Odyseey, and a 2002 Cr-v, and if I accidently put the Oddy key i nthe Cr-v's ignition, no alarms go off, so you just have the no-start thing.

That sucks taht people like that figure this crap out and use it to steal stuff, but at least they didn't bust out your windows to do it, or crow bar your trunk.

· Registered
41 Posts
I dont know about new hondas, but the key to my 92 integra could start up my friends 93 integra. His civic key could also open a bunch of other civics. I guess they're are only so many different key types they could make until they make alike ones again
Just a random fact: s13's only have 4 different keys, i used to have a bunch of friends with 240s and we lined em all up one day and one key opened 3 of them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.