Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Matrix muffler on my H22 Accord that I bought from www.summitracing.com and it sounds pretty decent. I left the resonators and had 2.25 piping from the cat. It sounded better when I first bought it, now it sounds like it is beginning to burn out or something. However, I was very pleased with it overall and it sounds deeper than many of the exhausts that I hear out on the road. Does every exhaust eventually begin to burn out or is it just the lower quality ones?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats what I figured. Do you know if Magnaflow mufflers remain the same? I want a fairly quiet one but still want it to sound solid when i step on it, and Magnaflow sounds like it does just that. I am not new to cars, but new to the import world and I really like everything that is available but I am trying to educate myself about certain brands before I jump into buying things.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have read up a good bit on just about every Accord forum I know, and I have also been trying to learn a lot about different performance parts so I don't ask a question that has already been answered a thousand times, but every time I seem to look for exhaust I always see the reviews for sound and performance but never the longevity of them. I didn't see anyone reply saying the sound changed, but I didn't see anyone say that it stayed the same either.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
my experience is that the sound of the good quality stuff doesn't change much whereas the cheapo brands sound nice at first, then as time goes on, they start to sound like fart cans.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ive had my magna flow for about 2 months, It still has a nice deep tone to it. I think the sound is always stronger the first week or two while its being broken in, i remember mine being like... whooooom when i first got it. But i cant say it really changed to much, i may just be getting used to it.

The difference between the brands is quality will sound good after a couple months, the cheap stuff with sound like fart cans in a couple months. Magnaflow is a pretty good choice from my experience. Like i said the sound is still really deep/throaty and i love it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome thanks man. I think I am going to go with Magnaflow when I put some bigger piping on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i got a matrix catback system in 2.5 piping, the sound was and is still nice deep tone but it hogs the gas.... so the flowmaster is ok for right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.