Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me what's the maximum amount of boost a b16 can handle? the only internal parts i have are ctr cams and aem cam gears. my block is all stock, i'm boosting 6psi right now. i'm wanting to boost more but am afraid to blow my motor.

· Registered
419 Posts

· Registered
419 Posts
Oh and lose the cams aggressive N/A cams are no good for turbo, your stock cams would be much better.

· Registered
1,208 Posts
sleepersi said:
can anyone tell me what's the maximum amount of boost a b16 can handle? the only internal parts i have are ctr cams and aem cam gears. my block is all stock, i'm boosting 6psi right now. i'm wanting to boost more but am afraid to blow my motor.
With just an FMU and bigger injectors and an AFC I wouldn't go higher than 7psi. However, if you went with a Hondata you could do 9-10 psi. Keep in mind both of these applications are when you dyno tune your car. Good luck.

· Registered
1,525 Posts
with a few extras like i/h/e and all u should be able to stay at 8 psi...maybe 10 at the track if you got some fuel mods...i wouldnt risk goin too high til u get a boost controller, bigger injectors, and fmu

· Registered
362 Posts
samsauma_2000 said:
with a few extras like i/h/e and all u should be able to stay at 8 psi...maybe 10 at the track if you got some fuel mods...i wouldnt risk goin too high til u get a boost controller, bigger injectors, and fmu
what the hell are you talking about buddy!! do some research..............NOW!!! ahahaahah 16

· Registered
467 Posts
You guys are missing something big. I was running 12psi not-intercooled with only a missing link,255lph, a AEM FPR and a 12:1 FMU. Everything else was stock. I used this setup for more than 8 months and then I installed a blockguard and dumped the FMU for a Hondata and I'm now running 20psi most of the time. You can run 12psi stock no problem!!

· Registered
500 Posts
i know a guy running 22 lbs on a stock B16. he has a VAFC and AVCR to tune it and has it tuned very well. he ran a 12.2 with the stock block and head. i drove it when he was running 15 lbs and it was very fast. fast enough to where i got on it and slowed down cause it scared me (i drove a slow ass 4cyl Accord at the time). i'm not sure what else he has done to it. all i know is its a custom turbo kit

and yeah add an intake and you'll gain at least 20 hp and the headers will gain at least 30 hp. :confused: :confused: and you wouldnt go any higher than 8 psi until you got a boost controller? well too bad you cant go any higher than what your wastegate is set at until you have a boost controller. and a boost controller doesnt help you motor run any more reliable. how can you tell someone what to run and what to use when you have no knowledge of the topic? if you dont know dont say anything

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.