Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if my computer says its max 256....could say try to put more into it? what could happen? will it work still or do they just recommend 256 max but u can put more?

·
Registered
670 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
if my computer says its max 256....could say try to put more into it? what could happen? will it work still or do they just recommend 256 max but u can put more?
Where are you telling you where the max is? If it's in BIOS I think you can change it up as you add ram to it... If you just add it, it probably won't even register

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jhwee said:
Where are you telling you where the max is? If it's in BIOS I think you can change it up as you add ram to it... If you just add it, it probably won't even register
it just has a sticker that says 256 max...

when i hit control alt delete i see it in total memory now

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gurusan said:
If the BIOS only supports 256mb and you try to put more in then it just won't boot up.
it booted fine...im wonder if this could be the answer...the computer originally came with windows 98 but now i have xp maybe that made a difference??

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5gencivic said:
That sticker that says 256mb max is probably teling you what you have in it now. It probably maxes out at 512 or 768mb.
nah pos only had a 64 mb in there

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gurusan said:
well your puter company lied.

if it registers in windows then it's working. :)
no fool i took my 64 one out when i bought my 256. because the sticker said 256 max so i never put the 64 mb back in. so today i put them both and worked

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I think you need a new computer, even a $400 Box from Dell would be a huge upgrade. Even if you max the ram 256, you won't see a lot of improvement, espeacially if you are running XP.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kilika2k said:
I think you need a new computer, even a $400 Box from Dell would be a huge upgrade. Even if you max the ram 256, you won't see a lot of improvement, espeacially if you are running XP.
everyone tells me to buy a new one but man this pos is running great right now. i can download music and do my homework and im running a external HD with it to save really important files. i have all the programs i need on here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.