Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys....new to the board. i have a 97 teg with an b18a. just finished my car and dropped 10000 into it. i come home from a party and i was jst chillin at about 75 mph. i saw this maxima in the left lane and drove up next to me. he looked like he wanted someone to run. i drop into 4th and mashed the throttle. the max pulled like a bat out of hell. i was behind about 3 cars. he took me 3 times. ended up that he is a 2003 maxima 6spd. man i never thought those maximas are that fast.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
97tegboy said:
hey guys....new to the board. i have a 97 teg with an b18a. just finished my car and dropped 10000 into it. i come home from a party and i was jst chillin at about 75 mph. i saw this maxima in the left lane and drove up next to me. he looked like he wanted someone to run. i drop into 4th and mashed the throttle. the max pulled like a bat out of hell. i was behind about 3 cars. he took me 3 times. ended up that he is a 2003 maxima 6spd. man i never thought those maximas are that fast.
$10k and you got spanked?

:lmao

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
spray004 said:
$10k and you got spanked?

:lmao

:stupid....theres no way you have 10k in your teg and a Maxima spanked you....they are quick/especially for a sedan but not that damn fast... :confused :confused ...If i put 10k in my car and got spanked...i'd sell it and buy the car that spanked me.. maybe he wasn't stock...straight sleeper..:ninja..

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
10,000 on your car? 10,000 pesos? Or maybe it was 10 grand on some crazy ass body kit, crazy ass 20" spinner rims, ultra chamelon paintjob, and a Hello Kitty license plate frame?

Ya...the Maximas are pretty strong, but 4 grand with a fully tuned turbo setup and you would already be raping the Maxima and 350Z it shares the motor with.

If you seriously spend 10 grand on performance work on your car, I think it'd be best if you go back to the shop that did the work for you and cock slap them for selling you false work.

Another thing...why did you drop it into 4th if you were on the freeway going 75ish? You should have dropped it into 3rd, taken advantage of the brief second of h3lla 3rd gear vtec before shifting to 4th and following through with the 3rd gear momentium.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
97tegboy said:

thats an expensive body kit

·
Registered
240 Posts
eg6hatch315 said:
thats an expensive body kit

Werd. Of course, you know how expensive CF is these days. CF body kit, CF wing, CF hood, CF trunk, CF wipers, CF wheels, CF tires, CF glass, CF lights, CF pedals, CF CD player, CF antena, etc....

Yea, I could see him spending 10k and still getting spanked :)

Jon

·
Registered
287 Posts
i dont have 10 grand in my motor and and have spanked several maximas 8 to be exact 5 where modded with bolt-ons 1 was supercharged 1 nitrious and 1 stock with rims had some trouble with the f/i cars tho btw i have about 5g's in my motor

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
bottlefedintegr said:
i dont have 10 grand in my motor and and have spanked several maximas 8 to be exact 5 where modded with bolt-ons 1 was supercharged 1 nitrious and 1 stock with rims had some trouble with the f/i cars tho btw i have about 5g's in my motor

give me 5gs for my motor and i bet you a 03 maxima won't spank me........is your sig correct as far as what you've done to your car or are you missing stuff??

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
bottlefedintegr said:
We're not even talking about you. Id hope you could spank some maximas with that much in your motor, btw why didnt you just go turbo?... :confused

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jreese said:
give me 5gs for my motor and i bet you a 03 maxima won't spank me........is your sig correct as far as what you've done to your car or are you missing stuff??
hey man...i don't have a sig. and i found out that this maxima was a beast. he turned out to be my friends cousins husband. he had his motor done at signal auto here in torrance. he has a 3.7 liter stroker kit....new cams...new cam gears. he basically has everything but supercharger. he showed me his timeslip and pulled a 12.3 @ 114 in san diego. and no...i don't have any cf on my car. just some tein type flex and mugen mf8 wheels wrapped in bfgs.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
97tegboy said:
hey man...i don't have a sig. and i found out that this maxima was a beast. he turned out to be my friends cousins husband. he had his motor done at signal auto here in torrance. he has a 3.7 liter stroker kit....new cams...new cam gears. he basically has everything but supercharger. he showed me his timeslip and pulled a 12.3 @ 114 in san diego. and no...i don't have any cf on my car. just some tein type flex and mugen mf8 wheels wrapped in bfgs.

my bad i was mixing you up with someone else....well there you go....he's a sleeper...looks like you need to take your car where he got his done...post pics of his car if you get a chance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
-=Zeqs=- said:
10,000 on your car? 10,000 pesos? Or maybe it was 10 grand on some crazy ass body kit, crazy ass 20" spinner rims, ultra chamelon paintjob, and a Hello Kitty license plate frame?

Ya...the Maximas are pretty strong, but 4 grand with a fully tuned turbo setup and you would already be raping the Maxima and 350Z it shares the motor with.

If you seriously spend 10 grand on performance work on your car, I think it'd be best if you go back to the shop that did the work for you and cock slap them for selling you false work.

Another thing...why did you drop it into 4th if you were on the freeway going 75ish? You should have dropped it into 3rd, taken advantage of the brief second of h3lla 3rd gear vtec before shifting to 4th and following through with the 3rd gear momentium.
your right dude...i am still pretty new to the car and i usually don't street race...so i was really unexpecting it...i auto cross up in atwater. i had an mr2 turbo a year ago and i need to get used to the fact i have vtec.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bottlefedintegr said:
there's no way you smoked a 2003 supercharged maxima...especially if you run 14s.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I'd be pissed off if I spent $10k extra in mods and couldn't beat a 12.3 1/4 mile. Of course my $10k wouldn't have been spent on a 4 cyl either. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
spray004 said:
I'd be pissed off if I spent $10k extra in mods and couldn't beat a 12.3 1/4 mile. Of course my $10k wouldn't have been spent on a 4 cyl either. :D
yeah..well i'm not really that pised. i ran a 12.9 and i'm pretty happy with that...all motor baby. i love my individual throttle bodies...that's what was hella expensive.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
97tegboy said:
So what did you drop the other $7000 into? :confused

·
Registered
287 Posts
no thats not all the stuff i have on my car ihavent updated it in a while, yes i am going turbo 60-1 t3/t04e and as far as my time goes that was well over a year ago and the reason my time sucks is because i didnt use nitrious till 1/2 way through 3rd gear do to traction issues i mean come on when was the last time you saw a non vtec anything(honda/acura)trap at over 100mph and still run a 14 all my time says is my car pulls after half track

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.