Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Honda now playing around with the turbo now and with me looking forward to buy the next gen civic even though it's years off, do you think we can see a next gen turbo version? I really hope so and wanted to get your guys word on this.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
i can't see why not other than the rising gas prices. but yeah, i'm sure they'd sell alot of them and draw customers from competing turbo compact cars such as the srt4 and wrx. all we can do is wait :ninja

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Well Honda is using that special turbo design on the upcoming Acura turbo SUV (I forget the name). So I'm sure it will be more fuel efficent then your convential turbo'd car. You know Honda they always innovate something better with every release.

Screw the Civic though, imagine a TSX w/ SH-AWD (using an overall stiffer chassis) and the turbo system off the new SUV.. now that's something to look forward to.

The new Mazdaspeed 3 is gonna own the shit out of most turbo'd hot hatches in terms of everything so the Civic better hurry up if it wants to compete.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
digink said:
Well Honda is using that special turbo design on the upcoming Acura turbo SUV (I forget the name). So I'm sure it will be more fuel efficent then your convential turbo'd car. You know Honda they always innovate something better with every release.

Screw the Civic though, imagine a TSX w/ SH-AWD (using an overall stiffer chassis) and the turbo system off the new SUV.. now that's something to look forward to.

The new Mazdaspeed 3 is gonna own the shit out of most turbo'd hot hatches in terms of everything so the Civic better hurry up if it wants to compete.
turbo awd tsx would be sick

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
digink said:
It's the RDX and it isn't very fuel efficent with 240 hp 260 tq and rated 19/23 mpg on premium.

Heck even the 4000 lb RL with it's 3.5L V6 and 295 hp is rated at 18/26 mpg.

·
Registered
866 Posts
honda used use the prelude as a techno platform pioneering many of its modern innovations. imagine if they still had the prelude and introduced the RDX engine in that. while i'm dreamin, imagine the SH-awd and the turbo in a 6th gen prelude. mmmmmh. haha..

anyway, hopefully the RDX is a success so honda will be quicker to put a turbo in other cars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
this is what i see.

A 2 door TSX replaces the RSX. Base model gets a 2.4 k24a2, fwd. Type s gets a Turbo motor. AWD?? Maybe. If the motor gets a bump in power from the curent 240/260. If the power does not come up, i think that honda will just throw in a LSD and call it a day, like the CL- type s.

Also, I think for the motor to have a more "sporting" character thats inline with most other hondas, It would need to be more "peaky". NOt a torqueless wonder, but something that will pull all the way to redline.

But the car won't be an evo/sti fighter. It will be aimed more at the audi tt/ whatever else is in that segment.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Turbo and Honda... Hmm... Too good to be true, probably that the turbo would be exclusive to Acura product line while Honda will still exclusively NA. K20 producing 220 bhp I think is enough already for next generation Civic. Just remember that north American Honda halo car (S2000) is only 240 bhp, so IMHO Honda deliberately holding back other sports oriented cars so not to "eclipse" S2000 performance wise.

Turbo will signify a massive change of Honda product line, with Honda now geared towards the green and fuel sipper domain a turbo would just be confusing for the main buyers... Although it wouldn't hurt either, as long they have only one or two turbo performance Honda.

But just imagine this, in the next 3 years, Honda would launch the NSX replacement with uber performance (come on, it's a V10), technology, and a price tag north of common sense. Probably like the NSX it's replacing, it will become partially as a halo car, and why not cashing in on that image? Honda did it with the Integra back then, touting it uses technology derived from the NSX (suspension and engine if I'm not mistaken), so at the very least, if I can not buy an NSX, Integra will do just fine because the NSX image is there. After all, not everybody has 80 grand to spend on a sports car.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Honda slot in 1-2 cars geared for performance at the NSX replacement launch or soon after, they will just repeating history which is good. What I would be surprised of if Honda didn't make those cars available.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Throwback201 said:
this is what i see.

A 2 door TSX replaces the RSX. Base model gets a 2.4 k24a2, fwd. Type s gets a Turbo motor. AWD?? Maybe. If the motor gets a bump in power from the curent 240/260. If the power does not come up, i think that honda will just throw in a LSD and call it a day, like the CL- type s.

Also, I think for the motor to have a more "sporting" character thats inline with most other hondas, It would need to be more "peaky". NOt a torqueless wonder, but something that will pull all the way to redline.

But the car won't be an evo/sti fighter. It will be aimed more at the audi tt/ whatever else is in that segment.
a 2 door tsx will never replace the rsx...ahhh, its meant to BE a 4 door rsx for the people who wanted one...its basicly a 4 door integra compared to a 2 door integra...

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
noooooooo....

don't say that...

the tsx will always be to me a the REAL accord...

the usdm accord was just an excuse to get something bigger for our ever-expanding waists and nba heights... (though it is sold as the inspire in japan)

the 4 door integra died with the last of the front double wishbone generation... :(

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I would think that if Honda DID make a turbocharged civic, it would be something like a 3 cylinder direct injected turbo... something with like 50mpg... I doubt there would be a performance version.

~Peace

·
Registered
425 Posts
hmm the 2 door tsx wouldnt replace the rsx, because as someone else said, and ive seen it first hand(it was creepy) the tsx is the world's accord... a 2 door accord cant be our sports car... they have the si and i think we should face it that they wont be changing anything soon. I wouldnt be suprised if they dont add a coupe type sports car to the acura line until the sales of the si start to show signs of decreasing. imo, thats why audi hasnt released their a3 in 3 door form, it would take away from the new gti! they wont fight, they will just take turns.... hopefully if and when acura reenters the sports compact market they make a nice lightweight car with a 4 cyl turbo.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.