Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pal from work is selling his 91 CRX in good running condition for $500. It needs Drivers side fender and door (maybe just door skin!?!) and it seems to run pretty good. I am totally unfamiliar with these cars. What can I do to make it really fun to drive without spending alot of cash? I.E. suspension and engine mods? I have my 00 DX hatch that I want to keep of the road a little more, so this would be my "beater car". I guess first off I would like to repair the damage to the body work. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
For a little more go, assuming it's a DX, i'd do a MPFI conversion. It's pretty simple and will give you more power. I'd suggest brake and suspension upgrades also. ... and some nice wheels.

·
Registered
140 Posts
civic1784 said:
For a little more go, assuming it's a DX, i'd do a MPFI conversion. It's pretty simple and will give you more power. I'd suggest brake and suspension upgrades also. ... and some nice wheels.
This is what I'm in the process of doing now. . .waiting on a few parts, but definitely going with the mpfi swap. A lot of guys do a head swap along with the mpfi. ..

www.d-series.org is an awesome site for learning what to do with this model especially on a budget, check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts