Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday March 23, 12:31 PM

Mazda delivers 1st hydrogen-or-gas dual-fuel vehicles

(Kyodo) _ Mazda Motor Corp. said Thursday it has delivered its first two rotary-engine hydrogen vehicles featuring a dual-fuel system allowing the driver to select either hydrogen or gasoline.
Mazda has leased the RX-8 cars to Idemitsu Kosan Co. and Iwatani International Corp. for fleet use. The two firms are participating in the government-led Japan Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Demonstration Project.

"Mazda will continue its efforts to improve the performance of hydrogen-fueled rotary engine vehicles and do its part to help achieve a more environmentally friendly hydrogen energy society in the future," RX-8 Hydrogen RE development program manager Akihiro Kashiwagi said in a press release.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I still vaguely remember the first article regarding the dual-fuel rotary from Mazda. It's funny how people kinda want to stay away from rotary and now rotary has something available that hasnt been(to my knowledge) developed for "normal" engines. YAY Mazda! :number1

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
LevelSevenCivic said:
I still vaguely remember the first article regarding the dual-fuel rotary from Mazda. It's funny how people kinda want to stay away from rotary and now rotary has something available that hasnt been(to my knowledge) developed for "normal" engines. YAY Mazda! :number1
very well stated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts