Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup people i met this guy and he rolls in a mustang v6 and he wants to race me. What do u think the odds are of me beating his sorrie american car?? Hes car is a 5-speed and he told me all he has is a Borla Cat-back and a new clutch. Im supposed to race him soon. The car i have is in the sig. Thanks

·
Registered
766 Posts
i dont know never raced mustangs...
i would guess you two will be very close

·
Registered
766 Posts
let us know how it goes

·
Registered
766 Posts
put some stickers on...its like instant HP gain
just be careful if you put too many at one time your engine might blow up...
have fun

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Re: cant put stock rims on

.:99AccOrdEx:. said:
i cant take off my rims and put the stock ones on because my brakes are too big for the stock rims
oh~ that really suxs.. because i know that racing hart type c2 rims are extremely heavy, especially the 19" ones. those are pretty damn expensive by the way. if you have a friend who has volk te-37 or other light rims... borrow them b4 you race the mustang. because honestly with those rims i don't think you can take the mustang. by all means don't think that im trying to diss you because i want you to win!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
with those little of mods on the stang you should be able to take him, it might be close though. Don't think that all v6 stangs are slow though. one of my friends has a hopped up 2002 v6 laying 275hp to the ground all motor.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i hate to say it, but i think he'll take you. 190 hp/225 trq and a 5 speed, vs an i4 accord...granted your car does have a bunch of mods but those rims will slow you down as well. so, i say he'll win unless he cant drive and you are a really good driver.:(

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have to agree...

I was challenged by a 5.0 mustang before (fastback style).... he took me off the line, however we ran into some turns and for some reason he started fishtailing a lot!! so he stopped and I guess I won by default.... I would not really call it winning though. On a staight road, he would have durshed me.... hmmm I4 vs V6????
-Keep it on a windy road and you should be able to win, if not... use NOS! a little cheat, but hey a win is a win.

PS- How much did you drop for those 19" C2s??$$$$$$
I got quoted $3000 for those same rims with tires new.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.