Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm suppose to race this gst wondering how close this will be?
GST LIST
intake, exhaust 3inch downpipe, boost controller, gauges, upgrade bov, apex vafc, fuel pump, injectors, sidemount intercooling, intercooling piping ? do know what he said he rapes mustang gt by 2 cars. he a really cool dude, and also he said he would hit 14.0 if he was a good driving, high 13's! he knows he'll hit at least 14!

Me 89 hatch si
B17
Intake, Exhaust, Headers, (have not put type r cams in yet)
thx let me know

·
Registered
271 Posts
Your launch is gonna be crutial, some of those things are pretty quick but if he is running stock boost I think you will have a pretty decent chance. Also u got the b17 in an 2nd gen teg I am guessing? Perhaps before this race do a little bit of weight reduction and practice your launch. Thats all I can say to do and I think u will stand a fairly decent chance.

EDIT: Also what are u talking bout when u say GT?

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Don't kid yourself. A turbo DSM with that really has that many mods will send you home crying. We're talking bus lengths here.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I re edit the post, he said it will be a close race, just want your feed back cuz i know nathan123 really know what he talking about and some other members on this board who have had a dsm or gst, gsx thx guys for you help

·
Registered
271 Posts
Im just speaking from experience. My friend chris has a 00 si with intake and exhaust, and nothing more and he beat a gst. He beat one of the older ones and he beat one of the 94-99 styles that was bone stock. He beat a friends old one that had intake and a downpipe. So I'm sure it had alot to do with driver but still, from what I have seen from stock boost on dsm's they aren't that fast.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Like I said... not close. Now that you've added even MORE mods onto his list it's looking even worse for you. I would guess a decent driver in that car shouldn't have a problem breaking 13's, probably trapping over 100. But it would depend on the psi, of course. If you know about how much he's boosting one of the DSM'ers here could probably tell you more.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Oh didnt see he updated the list. Ya he is definetly gonna hand u your ass lol. Sorry but he's definetly not running stock boost so don't even bother. Get yourself a cheap turbo setup or some nitros lol as cheap as it is.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'll find out how many pounds of boost he is running, but he has the stock turbo all other things, i know that from reading the post here about gst it don't matter as long as he got a boost controller, he also got 18 if that helps me out! i was talking to him he wasn't confident on hitting 13's he says he doubt that but i'll guess well see

p.s. what can i do to beat this guy(mod wise)? thx

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
if you're gonna do it for fun go ahead but if you're thinking about betting money dont even think about it. he "should" run 13's if the vfac is tuned right and he knows how to drive he'll kill you.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE]iLLeFFeKt CiViC if you're gonna do it for fun go ahead but if you're thinking about betting money dont even think about it. he "should" run 13's if the vfac is tuned right and he knows how to drive he'll kill you. [/QUOTE]

i don't think anything is tuned, what are they normally boosting at?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
well he has to have the afc setup somehow because otherwise it will run like shit.
stock they run 13psi. they could run 16-17psi but anything after that will fall on it face because the stock t25 turbo runs out of breath.
also make sure that he's still on the stock turbocharger.
if he swapped out for a 14b, 16g, T28...etc. you're asking for trouble.

·
Registered
894 Posts
gst's can hit 14 flat with 3 bolt ons i/h/e. With all the mods you listed for the gst, he'll be hitting mid 13's if his a good driver. what car has b17 motor?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
well he has to have the afc setup somehow because otherwise it will run like shit.
stock they run 13psi. they could run 16-17psi but anything after that will fall on it face because the stock t25 turbo runs out of breath.
also make sure that he's still on the stock turbocharger.
if he swapped out for a 14b, 16g, T28...etc. you're asking for trouble.
ya it is the stock turbocharger, he saving up for a 20g turbo(he not getting that for a couple of months)!
if i put my type r cams, type r manifold(getting in this weekend) will i have a better chance? you been a great help to me

·
Registered
287 Posts
dood that eclipse will kill you from a roll or a dig like everyone else say dont race for money i personaly had a 95 gst and stock bone stock i drove it to a [email protected](the only time i ever took it to the track) then it recived intake gut cat exhaust(2 1/2in piping)throttle body elbo, 550's ,uicp,and a bov, and it took a gut gsr hatch with i/e/h raised comp, type r cams, cam gears chiped ecu with tuning that ran 13.0 @103

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
89CivicHatch said:
ya it is the stock turbocharger, he saving up for a 20g turbo(he not getting that for a couple of months)!
if i put my type r cams, type r manifold(getting in this weekend) will i have a better chance? you been a great help to me

even with the cams and manifold you might still have a hard time. you'll have better chances but i dont know for sure how its gonna go.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well all i can do now is see what happens? and maybe go get nitrous, but he weighs more then me, but i do think that matter because of the mods he has that makes up for it keep you guys updated

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dont think you really have a chance in hell. I have a 95 Z28 with basic boltons and i beat my friends talon tsi fwd by about 2 carlengths, and he has a 16g turbo, greddy BOV, Greddy catback, pushin 17psi. he REALLY needs a downpipe and Boost controller like whoa. if gets that before i get my headers/y pipe and cam, im done for.

·
Registered
287 Posts
f bizzzle said:
I dont think you really have a chance in hell. I have a 95 Z28 with basic boltons and i beat my friends talon tsi fwd by about 2 carlengths, and he has a 16g turbo, greddy BOV, Greddy catback, pushin 17psi. he REALLY needs a downpipe and Boost controller like whoa. if gets that before i get my headers/y pipe and cam, im done for.
how is he running 17psi without a boost control stock is 12

1 - 20 of 26 Posts