Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i knew that the wrx are fast but i never realized how fast it acutally is. just the other night i raced him from stop. just to make a long story short he spanked me like if he was my daddy. stay away from those guys unless your accord is going low 14s. anyone else had an experiance with the wrx?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Havnt had any experience w/one yet. But yes they are pretty quick. And with not much money can be running high 13's. They remind me of a GSX eclipse. not looks wise. But just how its AWD and can be made to go fast cheap.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Except Subaru has MUCH better quality than Mitsubishi!!

The Rex runs upper 14s with an auto tranny. The only stock Honda in the WRX price range with a fair chance of beating it is the Integra Type R. Accords (V6 or I4) would need forced induction to hang with it (maybe).

·
Registered
474 Posts
do it, the only reason theyre that fast is cuz all wheel drive. autos cant launch at 5000rpms (i think) like the manuals can. they can get all of the power down without any wheels spinning.

·
Registered
153 Posts
sakdpimp said:
i was actually going to race my friend but now im reconsidering, see i got my nitrous 3 days ago and my friends got a auto wrx so i asked him to race should i go through (75 shot venom).
what u drive?

if the auto wrx runs high 14's ? ...then a 75 shot on a Civic or Accord or LS Teg can run high 14's... u can hang wit em or beat em im guessin?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
sniff sniff. I ran one tonight. He had downpipe, intake, hood scoop mod, and a chip. He was at one of my hangouts talking all kinds of shit, so I talked some shit back, and he thought he wanted some, so we hopped in and drove out to a nice quiet road, I had my bottle pressure on the money, and it was a nice cool night. We went on the lights, and my god was that thing fast. 1st gear, he got 1 car on me, by the end of 2nd he had 3 cars on me, in the middle of third I started climing but I was just passing 100 and decided to shut it down.

Those things are freaking fast. Beware.

I have a 2001 V6 accord with I/H/E and a 75shot bottle on tap and a mere 8500 miles on teh motor, and he freaking schooled me. It was depressing.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
If you don't have a sedan, its not a heavy ass V6 and a 75 shot of nitrous than you can probably run with him, I don't know how long or if you will pass him, but you can. I am pretty sure. Lates

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
gob_2k said:
If you don't have a sedan, its not a heavy ass V6 and a 75 shot of nitrous than you can probably run with him, I don't know how long or if you will pass him, but you can. I am pretty sure. Lates

ummm.. ok, I won't demean your remeark, but simply state facts.

lightest 4 banger to heaviest v6

2002 I4 LX Coupe Manual
2967lbs
150hp = 19.78lbs per HP
152lb-ft = 19.51hp per lb-ft

2002 V6 EX Sedan (all are auto)
200hp = 16.65lbs per HP
195lb-ft= 17.07lbs per lb-ft

now let's add a mild 75hp

150 + 75 = 225 = 13.19lbs per hp

200 + 75 = 275 = 12.11lbs per hp

now that's just general because that's theoretical crank HP vs a general weight, but my headers give me much higher gains that any headers for the I4, my intake gives me much higher gains than any intake for the I4. So go figure. do the math before you open your hole the next time. I've raced an I4 with identical mods to me, with the same 75 shot that I have, he can drive pretty damn good, and nailed me off the line but I reeled him in and spanked his ass. So don't talk about things you have no idea about.

also the difference between I4 sedan and I4 coupe is 67lbs. That will help, but with a stick, that's all driver.

·
Registered
350 Posts
91Integracer said:
dont mess with those cars.. my buddy has one and smoked a cobra mustang with no problem.... wrx's are a lot meaner than people think...
That must have been a 94-95 Mustang Cobra (240hp). The current Cobras (320HP) can run circles around a USDM WRX. Now when th STi (~257hp) comes out next year, it might be a different story except for the fact that Ford's putting out a 390hp/390tq Corbra later this year. (Will this cycle ever end?!? :D )

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Will this cycle ever end?!?

I've been wondering the same thing. With "sport compact cars" getting near 200 hp stock, and midsize(altima) getting 240, when will it end. In 5 years will nissan be putting a v6 in the seR? Will it be at 240 then? and the altima will be at 300+? Its cool and everything, but it should probably slow down a little.

·
Registered
195 Posts
RiceEatinAzn said:
do it, the only reason theyre that fast is cuz all wheel drive. autos cant launch at 5000rpms (i think) like the manuals can. they can get all of the power down without any wheels spinning.
true. My friend with a 5th gen lude raced a WRX and hung with him after the first couple seconds. It's the launch that kills ya with AWD cars. BUT they do lose some horsepower since it is AWD too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
must be nice...

All I know is that it must be nice to be AWD, stock turboed (so manfac warranty exists), and be light as civic (sorta).... but I think the accord still LOOKS nicer...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.