Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
thanks man, that was all good stuff.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I checked the ECU for codes by shorting the black and brown wires on the green plug, next to the ECU, and only got a solid check engine light.

Well, bad ECU it is, I guess? I'm just wondering what caused it. Do ECU's just go for no reason? I'm going to be replacing it with my AEM EMS ($1400) and I don't want to fry it too, if it's a short or something. Any ideas?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Is it at all possible that a bad distributor would disrupt the ECU electrical circuit, and cause it to throw a bad ECU code?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Did you do everything right? Sounds like to didnt do something you were supposed to to get the code to flash.
double check the steps to doing it and try it again and see what happens.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Lord Accord said:
Did you do everything right? Sounds like to didnt do something you were supposed to to get the code to flash.
double check the steps to doing it and try it again and see what happens.
According to what I read, you're supposed to short the black and brown wires on the green service plug, and then turn the key to the ON position. I did it 4 times, checking the paperclip each time, and only got a solid check engine light. Is this in fact the correct process?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Im not sure blase, let me look around and i'll get back with you.
That sounds right though. I would just rether tell you you did something wrong than for you to go waist your money on another ECU if yours isnt bad.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I found something interesting here:http://www.batauto.com/acura/

It says that if there is trouble with the PGM-FI system, the check engine light remains lit. It goes on to tell you how to take care of it but its pretty vague. Check it out.
I PM'd 1Greyteg about your problem, and he hasnt answered yet so I dont know if he will, but I think he would be a good person to talk to. You can probably find him on the Integra forum.

Im stepping out so if you cant figure something out by the time I get back maybe I can help somemore then.
Goodluck

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It works! I replaced the distributor, and nothing happened. Then I reset the ecu, and cranked again, and ...... nothing happened. Then I tried it again and after a couple seconds, it started right up. It's worked fine since then.

Moral of story: I don't understand why it worked, but it does, and I no longer have the energy to care.

Thanks to everyone on this board for sharing their knowledge. This is just further proof that the internet WORKS.

Ciao,
Blase

·
Registered
370 Posts
hahaha, you probably were'nt holding your mouth open just right the first few times. You gotta throw your tongue a little to the right, then it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my Honda Accord 2005 v6 misfir all 6 celinder after over heating I change spark plugs ignition quil stills the same problems

21 - 31 of 31 Posts