Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
they do not give any good gains. and they are very cheaply made. i know because i used to sell them. their shit would always break when put out in track conditions. maybe for all the ricers and wannabe racers out there, megan is a good product. but if you want something GOOD performance and quality wise, then look to spend a good deal of money.

http://sms-products.com/Headers.html

there are three things to tuning: power, price, and reliability...you're only allowed to have two.
thats the most retarded thing ive heard.. people who dont want to spend 500 bucks for headers on a daily driver is a ricer now?? most people on here arent trying to reach 350whp all motor so they go with something that will give them noticable gains for a decent price. i have the megan headers and the megan cat back exhaust and everyone who's heard my car says thats one of the best sounding exhausts on a civic. and i felt a gain. it wasnt huge, but its a bolt on for cryin out loud. dont profile because people dont have shitloads of money to spend on a 800 buck headers. some people are on a low budget or just think its not wise to put down that much money on a daily driver.

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
go ahead and praise your own product, but i've tested and retested and had customers come back to me furious that i gave this crap to them. in the end, that's where it counts. as a third party w/ my only interest in my clients, i can tell everyone to stay away from megan because of our track record w/ them...it sucks
your the only one ive ever heard complain about megan

EDIT: when was the last time you actually delt with megan stuff?

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
i agree with ultra, but everyone starts small.. i think the company can grow

ultra have you seen their full coilovers, my friend in an si has some.. they ride and handle sooooo nicely and he hasnt had any problems with them yet

now im not saying go out and buy them, but everyone has to start some where.. thats all im saying

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
1) a good racing header will not do anything for your bottom end. in fact it would hurt it.

2) a street header is designed for mid range duty, but still affects low end.

3) megan is still crap in my book and always will be

4) who are import tuner's target audience? minimum wage earning teenagers. think about it.
like you always say
price, reliability, and performance, you can only have two of them

honesly i have a megan header, ive had one on my car for a long time, still in awesome condition, but im sure as far as power goes, it didnt do anything, its pretty much to say you have a header

1 - 4 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.