Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow first off Im amazed at the odors this thing can take out of your car. I had a lady come through at the car wash where I work, and I have no idea what she did. It smelled like she had a dumpster in her car for over a month. Supposively she was trading her car in and needed the smell gone, so I tried to cover it up but damn this shit was potent.

I tried using auto febreeze but it just kinda mixed the garbage smell with the febreeze smell (you know the febreeze scent). So now Im like damnit no tip for me and she's a regular customer.

So we had Meguiars on the shelf inside our store. It was ether this or soak the car in blue carol upholestry cleaner. Since I was lazy at the time and didn't have 15 minutes to waste, so I used the meguiars odor eliminator. I figured another cover up air freshner product, but man after I sprayed it around the smell just was gone. It didn't have the after scent like febreeze does ether. After that I use it one my car every time I detail it gets all weird and nasty odors out. :tu

Just spray where the odor seems to be strongest at, its not a cover up.
So far Ive used it for smoke, mustyness, mold, garbage, and nasty food smells worked great every time and safe on the upholestry.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm assuming this would work good on male cat piss too!? cause i have a cat that sprays, and i'm really considering it taking to the vet and tell them to cut its wang off! :p lol where do you get this product first off all things? walmart? canadian tire?

·
Registered
341 Posts
i tried some shampoo on my seats and carpet and it really cleaned it and made it smell a lot better in the car, it's in a blue spray bottle

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
The best bet is a ozone generator. I have one and it will remove all smells completely. Smells kinda chemically afterwards , but its supposed to mimic ocean air or rain smell. Its all pretty cool. I had driven out to a car race and it got rained out and myself completely soaked. Probably one of the harder rains ive seen in florida during the summer. I got soaked within about 30 seconds , no joke my shoes were sopping soaked.

I get in my car and only could think how bad it was going to cause some smells. I even worse didnt air it out for like 3 days and it sat in the sun.

Opened the door and I thought to myself I ruined my car , used the ozone...gone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My '94 was taken hostage by the same funk. Dude was like a chain smoker I guess. Went to Walmart got me a spray bottle of Renuzit spray for cars, sold in automotive. This stuff kicks ass! Best anti-funk ever! I've done alot and spent alot in the past to correct this bitch of a prob with other rides, but this takes it all. I know...I know this sounds like BS, but give it a go. This is the little engine that could type'o shit. Best part it's only 3 bucks. It will neutralize just about anything!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow that's amazing, good for you. I've also heard that white vinegar is also really good for killing odors instead of just covering it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
DUDE, i thought i was the only person who knew this trick! I bought a Mobile Pro from RGF Environmental Group and i have had nothing but success. Works like a charm an all kinds of funky odors.
Ionized deodorizers will usually do the trick. I've had a lot of positive feedback from customers in the past with similar experiences.

Edit: Just realized this thread was 8 years old.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have tried Dakota odor bomb for some time now, but I'm having some hard time getting one will try this new product of Megs and will see how it performs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts