Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not car-related, but still interesting.

STUTTGART, Germany — A subsidiary of German luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz is introducing a lineup of new bikes. Some are really high-tech, others just plain cool.

The Active Bike is equipped with an eight-speed automatic gearshift, but it also has electronically controlled air suspension, sensor-controlled lights and comes equipped with — yes — a central onboard computer.

Then there's the Mountain Bike with a dual-control gearshift system, and a Fitness Bike, available in either a "Sport Edition" or a "Comfort Edition."

Mercedes-Benz is just one of many carmakers — including Land Rover and Porsche — who have now ventured into the bike business.

What this means to you: With the new M-Class on its way, here's the perfect bike to throw on the roof.

Source: Edmunds
Pic

Probably costs as much as a base Hyundai or kia. Cool bike though.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
///M3ssican said:
only MB would ever think of doing auto trannys for everything :hehe

why don't they ever go back to manual?
yeah those lazy ppl hahahaha

·
Registered
252 Posts
if you think about it...even the standard shimanos and the gripshifts are semi-automatic...but yes...I like the old road bike reach-down-your-knees-to-shift style. I just wish it was closer to the handler bar than my knees...eeeooouuucchhhh!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.