Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my laptop for school, and it comes with an 80gb hd, and they have a second drive around 13gb partitioned off.. i wanna merge it so i just have one drive. anyone know how to do this without formatting the entire drive? i dont have the windows installation cd. I deleted the actual partition, but now it just has it as unallocated space.

Reactions: gurusan

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I think that will jack up the notebook that you have. The reason why the notebook has 2 partion is beacuse one is for you to store you stuff and the other one holds critical datas like system files and the system restore for the notebook. The system restore is something that you cant afford to take out unless if you have a copy of windows XP on a disk or so. Cus if you combined them together, you will loose that ablity.

edit:
I saw that you deleted the stuff already, so you are already too late. Get a program call partion magic, you are able to combin without deleting.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
is the OS using both partition? if not use partition magic pro. beware that their merging feature might be buggy. you'll combined your partition but might loose your data on the second partition. best option to do is move all data from the second partition to the first, delete the 2nd, and expand the first partition.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the second partition had restore stuff on it from HP, but the xp restore is on the first partition, which is why i didnt feel the need to keep it. i just figured out how to expand the first partion and it took care of the problem. thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.