Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, new to the forums thought maybe you could help me out. I hit a curb at under 10mph and it messed up my bumper and passenger side lights. What would be the cheapest route to take to make it look decent again.
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A8/5C/DE/A85CDE/viewable/A85CDE_131F0CB1E49B_1.jpg
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A8/5C/DE/A85CDE/viewable/A85CDE_131F0CB1E49B_4.jpg
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A8/5C/DE/A85CDE/viewable/A85CDE_131F0CB1E49B_3.jpg
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A8/5C/DE/A85CDE/viewable/A85CDE_131F0CB1E49B_6.jpg
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A8/5C/DE/A85CDE/viewable/A85CDE_131F0CB1E49B_7.jpg
The options i thought of so far:
*Salvage/Junk Yard and look for a bumper assembly the same color
*Buy a complete body kit, if I can get it in black or I would have to paint it $$$
*Buy the stock parts needed in black or if not available buy them and get them painted$$$

I realize the body kit wouldn't cover all of it such as the splash gaurd or something like that in the wheel will need to be replaced.
Let me know,
Thanks,
Rob

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
uhm, yeah, you're gonna have to upload the pics at www.superhonda.com/photopost

but i'd say that the cheapest way to find a bumper at the junkyard and pray that it doesn't have any scratches or dents or whatever.

the next cheapest route would be to take it to a body shop and let them fix any cracks or whatever and repaint that section.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
any bodyshop worth their salt can fix that. but consult w/ them to find out how much they'll charge.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what everyones saying but now that I think about it there was a light post behind the bush's but i dont think i hit it, but i must have cause the curbs are your avg size(5" or so)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wasn't a curb. I was driving 5-10mph I think, no not drinking, it was snowing and I was gonna go drifting and stuff I wanted to go right into a parking lot then decided I wanted to continue on the main road lost control hit the curb jumped it hit the bushs and I think there was a metal light poll behind them. I put it in reverse took it off the curb, about 2 feet in, parked it looked at what I did and said "shit, this is gonna cost a lot"

·
Registered
392 Posts
ooh, that sucks...I have hit curbs in the snow, and thank God I have never done any damage to the cars...once on my bday 2 yrs ago i was going like 5mphs trying to make it to my surprise party and there was a blizzard just like this past weekend, which was my bday again, (sucks to have a jan bday) and i slid into a curb turning, hit it hard, but no damage...after that i decided to park the car and go home...then the gf called telling me they had a party planned for me so i had to take the train to my boy's crib. Fun night after all that.

But again sorry your car was damaged...keep us posted on the repairs and how much it will and has cost you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Need step by step info or close to it on how to remove my bumper and stuff so I can see what I need to replace. I've seen some and all I know is there is abou 9 10mm screws. If someone can give me a link w/ pics that's detailed it would BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, and other info on 'how-to' would be as well.

Thanks a lot for the help

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1st, this is the splash gaurd :confused: i believe, its above the wheel, it was ripped off the body at some parts and lost a couple screws or clips, can i just replace them and leave it there. This pick is of one spot where it was ripped off.
1st

2nd, on the left side of the picture, the plastic black piece. This is where the signal/corner light is. Is that all right that part of it is cracked?
2nd

3rd, there are 2 small dents pictured about the size of a dime/nickel, doesn't matter, right?
3rd

4th, directly above my left foot is a crack in the grill, any nice aftermarket grills i could purchase cheap? If not I'll just replace w/ stock.
4th

5th, what the hell is this? I disconnected it kind of, its some kind of vent I guess, on the passenger side, was just sitting there b/c the bracket that holds it to the car(took a pic of it) was cracked. It has 2 pipes on the side and the mouth of it came through next to the battery. What's it called? Use?
5th

6th, this is the cracked piece from the mystery part above. It seems there are a top and bottom. Can I unscrew the top and just replace the bottom since that is where the bracket cracked off from?
6th

7th, the bracket that holds the piece above to the car.
7th

8th, white clip behind the signal/corner light, theres two vertical pieces, ones cracked off(rightside) does it matter?
Last

·
Registered
868 Posts
everyone always asks about the thing you called mystery piece when they install their intakes, when batteries are used, there are gasses that are vented from the electrons moving, i think that is to move those gases out of the engine compartment. you might learn this when you relocate your battery, or enclose it like in a race situation, the battery needs a vent.

cliff notes, it's useless

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so what is it called!
I think your right b/c the mouth comes up through the bottom and is right next to the battery.

Also, I need to get a new bumper, what would be cheapest to get overall, black or primed. I'm gonna get it painted. The Black one is like 37 and the primed is $5?, which one?

·
Registered
160 Posts
fr3nz33 said:
everyone always asks about the thing you called mystery piece when they install their intakes, when batteries are used, there are gasses that are vented from the electrons moving, i think that is to move those gases out of the engine compartment. you might learn this when you relocate your battery, or enclose it like in a race situation, the battery needs a vent.
when car batteries charge, they dont release gas like they used to; thats why they dont need to be refilled with distilled water (unless the battery isn't working properly). also, the gas is hydrogen and that isn't a problem if it gets in the engine bay. the vent right by the battery may be to keep the battery from getting hot, since batteries work more efficiently if they're cooled. if batteries are enclosed in racing situations, its to ensure the battery doesn't combust if there's a fire.

hmm..i swear thats a piece of the stock intake...i dont have it with me so i cant tell.

Gshock said:
Also, I need to get a new bumper, what would be cheapest to get overall, black or primed. I'm gonna get it painted. The Black one is like 37 and the primed is $5?, which one?
just buy it primed and then paint it to match your car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, cause black was cheaper than primed I think...
http://www.autopartsland.com/ProductDetails.cfm?product_id=6981&model_id=168&make_id=14

I looked at a site which sold the resonator box and the part i have looks like a part that connects to it. Someone said I could just replace it w/ an intake(forget whether they said cai or sri)would that be ok?

Any bumper covers for my car that will match the rest but have holes ready for fog lights? Or even better, a nice grill instead of the bars w/ holes for fog lights??? Figured it would make it look cooler :D

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Typhoonk said:
when car batteries charge, they dont release gas like they used to; thats why they dont need to be refilled with distilled water (unless the battery isn't working properly). also, the gas is hydrogen and that isn't a problem if it gets in the engine bay. the vent right by the battery may be to keep the battery from getting hot, since batteries work more efficiently if they're cooled. if batteries are enclosed in racing situations, its to ensure the battery doesn't combust if there's a fire.

hmm..i swear thats a piece of the stock intake...i dont have it with me so i cant tell.

just buy it primed and then paint it to match your car.
It is a piece of the stock intake resonator assembly. Useless for everything but quieting noise down.
Totally wrong on the vent keeping the battery cool part though but a good guess; honda never did this though........You can buy a optima sealed battery and not worry about gassing and stuff ever again. =)

fr3nz33 said:

cliff notes, it's useless
This is wrong; cliff notes is right but the rest was wrong. The plastic crap is the stock resonator assembly which quiets air down so the engine dont make a lot of noise. NOTHING to do with the battery at all; they just ran it like that to quiet the air down.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.