Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  tofuspeedstar 
#1 ·
Everybody is getting ready for the MGS4 release?

If you want to rehash the previous games in the series, throw it down and lets ruminate about them.:aww

#2 ·
Back in '97 or '98 I could beat the game in a shade under 2 hrs, but I used a shit load of rations thru the game, so I got like a lvl 4 rating or something. I honestly dont think Im gonna get MGS4 tho. I have the Metal Gear Compilation that came out for PS2 a couple months ago, and I played thru each game once and that was enough for me.

#3 ·
^^^ You're insane.

I've played through MG, MG2, MGS3, and just finished MGS1. I'm holing off on MGS2 until the week before MGS4 comes out, so it's fresh in my mind!

Playing thorugh MGS1, I was really really into it, much more than the others (becuase I had played MGS3 probably 6 times already). MG and MG2 were hard, really fun, but for some reason I just had a blast running thorugh MGS1.

Playing through all of the games really shows all the connections between them all. It's kind of impressive when you run through it and notice all the minor story detials that transition between the games.

To this very day, it still impresses me playing MGS1.

Anyone care to discuss parrallels? There are SO many in all of them.

#5 ·
Anybody else pick up the "Metal Gear Solid the Complete Guide" from Future USA (the pubs of Playstation Magazine)?:confused

It had some nice background info. on the entire Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid games. Character info., interviews with Kojima, etc. In total it's about 100 pages long.

It made me appreciate the entire story, even the games that predated the Shadow Moses incident.

Ocelot is a survivor and I kinda have more grudging respect for him now.:ninja

#6 ·
Oh, well I'm glad to take a break from first person games. It's getting way too much attention lately, and I'm really excited to pick up a great 3rd person game.

I think you'll be missing out, but whatever. OPM UK gave it a 10/10. I'm sure it'll get 9's across the board.

#8 ·
I wish they'd make an MGS movie, I love it so much.

An Anime would be fucking awesome as well.

#9 ·
Hasn't somebody already swooped up the option on the franchise? I thought I read somewhere that Hayter (sic) the guy that voices SS is working on the script. He's a pretty well known writer so it's not much of a stretch at all to think it might be true.

#17 ·
Psycho Mantis
The End (MGS3)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.